Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my name is Erin and I am new here as of today. I bought a chihuahua puppy (a little girl) and I am picking her up tomorrow. I was considering naming her Lola but the name isn't really thrilling me anymore. Here is her picture...any ideas?
[/img]

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Hi WELCOME :wave:

Edit your post to ask a name here and intro yourself at Newbie. I dont want anybody to miss you ok!

check out the other threads that talk about names there are some great ones there. Lola is a cute name though! You can do search and put in names or go thru the names threads!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
She is DARLING! I bet you can't wait to pick her up! I like the name Lola an awful lot but I also like the names Trixie, Roxy, and Maddy...do any of those strike your fancy?

Oh, and welcome to the group! Definitely write us back once you get her and let us know how she is settling in and let us know if you have any questions! :wave:

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
She is so cute! It must be so exciting for you, you're getting her tommorow! You have to take lots of pics to post! BTW, welcome! :wave:

·
Registered
15 Posts
erinchita said:
Hi all, my name is Erin and I am new here as of today. I bought a chihuahua puppy (a little girl) and I am picking her up tomorrow. I was considering naming her Lola but the name isn't really thrilling me anymore. Here is her picture...any ideas?
[/img]
Hi Erin I am also new to this forum today. I have a granddaughter named Erin. I think Lola is a cute name. I like short names. I have a Chi named Toby. He "thinks" his name is 'good boy' because i call him that 100 times a day.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Aww. absolutely precious, I love the chocolates. What about Reese for a name? No, not after the actress, but like a peanut butter cup, brown, tan, chocolate, peanut butter? You get the idea. I think Reese would be adorable, I think it suits her.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Hi and Welcome :hello2:

I think she looks like a "Reesey" too!
And Reesey sounds a little more femine than Reese.
(My last husbands brother was named Reese)

·
Registered
810 Posts
she is so cute!! Congrats on your new baby!! Of course I love the name Lola, that is my chi's name!! :D But I know what you mean, you want a name that you will be thrilled w/for years to come. Hmmm, how about Hershey? She looks like a Hershey bar! I like the name Chiquita too though, it is hard to find that perfect name, good luck and welcome!! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All great suggestions!

I thought of Reesey too, but I knew someone in college with that name and I didnt really like her... :wink:

Coco is adorable as well. I am just worried about thinking she's "Cocoa" which is a very common pup name--I'd want it to be Coco like Coco Chanel. Do you think that would work?

Yesterday I came up with Pippi because as a child I used to love those Pippi Longstocking movies.

I never knew this would be such a tough decision!

By the way, I pushed off picking her up until Saturday. I thought it would be good to pick her up early in the morning and spend the whole day getting her accustomed to her new home rather than after work at 6 in the evening.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
My cousins last name is 'Bray', 27 years ago he had a son and called him 'Reece' :D, poor lad 're-spray', was the butt of jokes but hes a nice lad and a father himself now...........I love those Reeses peanut butter cups, cant get them very much over here in UK but i could easily be addicted to them if i could find them!

·
Registered
361 Posts
:wave: Welcome! This is a great place to be and we're glad you've joined us!!!

sullysmum said:
She looks like a 'Coco' to me.
LOL! That was my exact thought as well!!! The very first impression I had was "Coco"

·
Registered
810 Posts
Just a thought, and a good one I might add :wink: What about the name "Paris", I love that name for a chi too, it sounds rich!! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts