Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone :hello1: Just found this forum today whilst looking for one dedicated to chihuahuas.

I've been animal-mad since I was, oh I don't know, FOREVER :) I'm 43 now, happily married to Neil, involved in fostering old cats for my local animal charity and just crazy about dogs! :cool: Unfortunately for the past 13 years I've been working fulltime and not been in a position to have a dog but we will be moving house later this year or early 2012 and I fully intend to just work part-time and get myself a dog (or two!) once more! My last dog was my jack russell Buster who left me for Rainbow Bridge in September 1997 and I've just felt lost without one in my life since then :(
At the moment we are fostering two old cats for our local charity called Thomas and Misty. We always go for the oldies or the ones who've been abused by people and give them a happy retirement being spoilt rotten for as long as they are with us. A few have had health problems and only been with us a month or two before leaving for Rainbow Bridge and Domino, the one who made the most impact on me, was only with us 100 days exactly - she slipped away in her sleep on 12th June 2011 and I still miss her like crazy :( I vowed to never have another oldie after her but we lasted 6 days!!!! ;) The house was too quiet and when we went to see the lady who runs the charity she just 'happened' to have two oldies needing fostering LOL
When we move I would love to get a pup and/or foster/adopt chihuahuas as they are a breed I have always had a soft spot for. When I was around 9 years old I used to have riding lessons at a local stables and they had THE most beautiful cream shorthair girlie who was the friendliest wee angel you could ever meet. I just fell in love with the breed then and nothing has made me change my mind since! I told Neil when we met 14 years ago that one day I would have a chi or three and he was ok about it (though being a guy he was a bit iffy about being seen with a small dog ;) ) but now, after being introduced to some chis, dragged around a few shows and just generally accepting that when I put my mind to something I DO get it :rolleyes: he IS looking forward to us having our dogs :hello1: He is the one who is INSISTING i only work part-time so that I can devote time to my dogs :D
So in the meantime until we move I am saving my pennies and just looking forward to being a Doggie Mom once more :cool:

Look forward to browsing this site, getting to know you and your dogs and learning as much as I can about this fabulous breed :hello1:

·
Registered
5 Posts
what a lovley story,i also am new to this site i have 2 chihuahuas keria and chloe both 7 months, wanted to ask one of my girls have came into season been swollen for about 4 ddays (that i noticed ) and is now bleeding very little how much longer will her season last , i feel very guilty taking chloe out on her walk and leaving keria in with just the small garden but wouldnt take the risk of her getting caught, getting them both spayed soon
thank you
tracy louise

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Welcome! You will meet some lovely people here who care about animals as you. How exciting to be planning your addition! I have a little cream short haired girl. Perhaps she will remind you of the sweet one from your riding days!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hello, I agree lovely story, Welcome to CP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts