Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am a proud and loving momma of two Chihuahuas. Toby was my first dog he is one year and 4 months and my newest addition is Daisy she is 10 months. They are so very sweet and couldn't imagine my life without them.

Toby is fixed and he has some anxiety issues. He is very nervous around new people, espcially men. He takes longer to warm up to men. He is very snuggly with my boyfriend. He hates having his nails cut. He yelps and i'm just trimming the very tip of the claw. Any suggestions? He also at night time seems to have a runny nose/sniffles. I'm not sure what the deal is ?!

Daisy is my beautiful chocolate brown and white girlie. She is happy go lucky and just wants to play and love. She follows Toby's reactions, he barks, she barks. She is like a little sister, Toby gets a toy she has to have it. He will growl at her but pretty much always lets her have it. She is the leader of the two.

I also don't brush their teeth. I give them bones and chew toys. Thoughts on this ??

When I got both puppies they were pee pad trained. At first i thought it was great. I quickly began to learn how gross it became. They would see a shirt or towel on the ground and eliminate on it. So we have removed peepads completely. They are both adjusting quite well. We do have an issue with our tile. In our front hall (not the door they use) they will use that to go to the washroom on occasion. I'm not sure why they started doing this. I can't get them to stop doing it completely. Suggestions?? They are ruining the grout, it is stained and the tile is white...i can't handle it. I am VERY open to helpful suggestions!

Hope to hear from some one soon,

*Toby and Daisy's Momma :love4: :daisy:

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I am a proud and loving momma of two Chihuahuas. Toby was my first dog he is one year and 4 months and my newest addition is Daisy she is 10 months. They are so very sweet and couldn't imagine my life without them.

Toby is fixed and he has some anxiety issues. He is very nervous around new people, espcially men. He takes longer to warm up to men. He is very snuggly with my boyfriend. He hates having his nails cut. He yelps and i'm just trimming the very tip of the claw. Any suggestions? He also at night time seems to have a runny nose/sniffles. I'm not sure what the deal is ?!

Daisy is my beautiful chocolate brown and white girlie. She is happy go lucky and just wants to play and love. She follows Toby's reactions, he barks, she barks. She is like a little sister, Toby gets a toy she has to have it. He will growl at her but pretty much always lets her have it. She is the leader of the two.

I also don't brush their teeth. I give them bones and chew toys. Thoughts on this ??

When I got both puppies they were pee pad trained. At first i thought it was great. I quickly began to learn how gross it became. They would see a shirt or towel on the ground and eliminate on it. So we have removed peepads completely. They are both adjusting quite well. We do have an issue with our tile. In our front hall (not the door they use) they will use that to go to the washroom on occasion. I'm not sure why they started doing this. I can't get them to stop doing it completely. Suggestions?? They are ruining the grout, it is stained and the tile is white...i can't handle it. I am VERY open to helpful suggestions!

Hope to hear from some one soon,

*Toby and Daisy's Momma :love4: :daisy:
Lion, my oldest chi (10 months) is shy around strangers. He takes a while to warm up to them, and I tell them to just let him have his space. After a while, he is in their laps, licking their faces!

Lion also hates having his nails cut. My BF holds him and lets him lick peanut butter off of a spoon while I trim his nails. I try to do it once a week, and he has slowly learned that it isn't that scary.

I don't know about the potty issues- mine are pad trained, but I can't have any door/kitchen mats or they will think it is a pad.

Welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thank you for taking sometime to answer me! I will try out your peanut butter idea and see what happens! I appreicate it!!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
One of my chi's will let me do her nails with a dremel. The other one squirms, cries, struggles so much, I just take her to the vet/groomer and they do it. She behaves beautifully for them, they say!

I also use pee pads, but mine have 2 in the main house, and 1 in my room. They don't get to pee on anything else. The only advice I have is to clean it with a little bit of bleach to get the color out. Make sure you and the dogs don't breathe in the fumes, and be sure to dilute it! Sue

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hello and Welcome, I use the Ugodog potty system for Zoey and it works great. But she goes poo outside. As for your tile and grout maybe leave a pad there just to save the tile and grout until they get totally trained to go outdoors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts