Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am new here but not new to Chihuahua's at all. My 2 babies are 11 and 12.
We have Bimmer who is a chocolate male at 11 years
and Lexus who is a chocolate female at 12 years.
They are our lives. I found the forum today as our male is sitting at the Vet waiting to hear our options about possible removal of part of his lower jaw.
He broke his jaw 2 years ago and developed a bone infection and while it cleared up then, it has made it so the bone never healed and now it has deteriated to the point where we are today. This has devestated our family. We lost both of our beloved Labs this year also. 1 to renal failure and 1 to cancer. (both at the young age of 6). We will do what is right for him. Without regards to us.
I hope to learn some more about the care of our aging Chi's and hopefully some options on how to care for him if we do surgery.....

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Beautiful babies! Welcome. This is a group of very knowledgeable and kind people. Blessings to you as wait and get resolution on how to address the issues ahead of you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bimmer is home. The vet told us that he has a good 6 months befor he thinks it will be "time". He has a tumor in his nasal cavity and deteriorated bone in his jaw, But isn't in pain at this time. They removed some wire that was causing him the pain. He bit the vet 3 times and also one of the techs. He was feeling well enough to be spunky when we picked him up.
So we are gonna love and spoil him to the end. Ok so he was all those things before, but now he will be rotten.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Hi and welcome to the board! I commend you on rescuing your baby and I hope you guys figure out the right thing to do for his jaw.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hello and Welcome,,,,,. Please keep us posted on Bimmer, wishing him all the best

1 - 9 of 9 Posts