Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so glad to find this website!! I have an 10 week old baby longcoat chi! I love her to pieces! I'm struggling with her biting on EVERYTHING!! :twisted: Any suggestions? I'm hearing this is normal! She loves playing with my daughters & my hair, the carpet, biting our fingers, lips, ears, noses - everything but her toys! I also want to ask how much everyone's pup is eating. Paris eats about 20-25 pieces of Pedigree Puppy twice a day, plus a treat. Is this enough? I've always had large mutt dogs - Paris is so tiny! She only weighs 1 lb 1 oz! :lol:

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
:shock: Wow! That is tiny! I bet she's adorable. Lina doesn't eat that much either but I think it's just because they're so tiny. She is also probably teething, that's why she's biting everything lol. I don't have much advice for you though. I got Lina when she was 4 months and she didn't really chew much.

Anyways- Welcome! I'm sure someone here will have just the advice you're looking for :) These are a very smart group of people :) :wave:

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Hello and Welcome :hello2:

If you are worried about the amount of food you are feeding her is there any way you can free feed her? Just leave the bowl of food out so if she gets hungry she can eat. I think usually puppys are feed 3 times a day until they are 6 months of age.
The breeder I got Koke from was only feeding 2 times a day, and she was a piggy. But when she got here there was alway food available for her and she nibbled all day.

For the chewing, it's normal for that age, but you don't want her to get the idea that it's ok to chew on you or the carpet etc. So what you have to do is watch her all the time and if she starts biting you or something she shouldn't, redirect her and give her something she can chew on. Like a toy or chew bone.
It's going to take a while, but she'll eventually get it if you are persistant.
Make sure you instruct your other family members NOT to let her chew on them, or she'll get confused.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, I researched the biting on this site & someone mentioned to Yelp like a dog when she bites. I can't believe how well this works. I did this last night & it worked immediately!! Even this morning, I only had to do this once. As for the feeding, I don't know if we have an extremely spoiled dog already, but she doesn't eat out of her bowl. We've tried a few different bowls, but she is afraid of it. We either hand feed her or place a few pieces on the tile at a time, so we know how much she is eating. I do leave the food for her throughout the day, but not much is missing, if any when we get home. I think maybe she was the smallest in the house, so she was bullied when she went to eat out of the bowl at the breeder? That's what it seems like. Well, Thank you all for introducing yourselves & answering my questions. I look forward to speaking with you soon!

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Hello & Welcome. I fed Auggie 3 times a day also but if you are free feeding her and she is eating she should be Ok. I would be sure to keep doing what you are doing for the biting so she learns it early. Can't wait to see pics of your baby :wave:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts