Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just got my little baby boy longcoat chihuahua and was looking for ideas on names when I stumbled across this website, so i've joined and thought i'd say a quick hello to you all :ngreet2:
While i'm here saying hello, does anyone have any ideas on a good name for my new puppy please?

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hi and welcome to CP! Sorry, I get so many dogs through here I am about out of names and I still have 4 unnamed 3 weeks old puppies. lol I would love to see some pictures of your new pup, that may help with picking out a name.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Welcome!! Hope to see you around!!

And yeah as far as the name thing... I like really weird names that most people wouldn't LOL so my ideas are no good haha.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!
My little boy didn't have a name for a fews days. My girls had one right away. All of there personalities fit with their name though. I always liked movie names. A picture would be great, and maybe a bit about him.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Welcome!!! So glad to have you, and congratulations on your new fellow! We can't wait for pics as we picture-crazy around here. I am terrible at names and I usually don't even try because I have weird ideas, but I heard a name the other day that I thought was really cute for a boy--Nemo. Anyway, feel free to think I lost my mind--I just thought it was cute.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for replying.
Unfortunately we had some devastating news this afternoon. My puppy had a fit and died at 3:15pm I rushed him to the vets but he had already died by the time we arrived :crybaby:
He was 8 weeks and 5 days old, weighed 1lb 1oz and was just a lovely natured little pup. He loved cuddles and was constantly trying to get on my little girls lap, he would run over to her wagging he's tiny little tail with all he's mite.
We only had him for 2 days but had already fallen madly in love with him. Now my heart feels broken :love9:

RIP my little puppy, love u lots. :angel13: :cry:
View attachment 6927

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
OMG! I'm so sorry your puppy died!! Was it hypoglycemia?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know? The vet said he didn't know what had caused the puppy to die. I'm absolutely devastated, loved the little guy so much already and keep thinking if only I'd taken him to the vets sooner he might not have died but it was literally 30mins from him showing signs of illness to him having a fit and dying. I feel so awful

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I am so very sorry. What a devastating thing to happen. My guess would be hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) as one pound puppies are very fragile and can't regulate their sugars very well. If they play hard and don't eat, or go more than a few hours without eating, or are stressed (such as going to a new home) they require special intensive care to make sure they are eating and their sugars are up. The breeder should have spoken to you about that!

Did you talk to the breeder? What did he/she say?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We were still just calling him puppy :(
I've been trying to call the breeder all day but both the phone numbers I had for her are now unavailable :dontknow:

I feel so guilty that I didn't get him to the vets in time and wish I knew about the possibilty of he's blood sugar levels dropping and what I should do if they did. I wish I could go back in time and I might have been able to save him :crybaby:

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
We were still just calling him puppy :(
I've been trying to call the breeder all day but both the phone numbers I had for her are now unavailable :dontknow:

I feel so guilty that I didn't get him to the vets in time and wish I knew about the possibilty of he's blood sugar levels dropping and what I should do if they did. I wish I could go back in time and I might have been able to save him :crybaby:
Don't blame yourself. Blame the breeder!! How sketchy that now the numbers are disconnected. UGH. I am so sorry that happened to you. The breeder should have been very careful about explaining the special needs of little puppies and how their blood sugar has to be watched very very carefully. That breeder was extremely negligent in not telling you that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts