Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My briliant hubby came up with the idea of using our x-pen (which we got as a gift when we got Ax 4 months ago and have never used) to seal off part of our front courtyard as a play area for the dogs. We can now just leave open one of the glass sliding doors and the dogs can come and go as they please. They love to go out there and sunbake and its convenient for me to leave them out there while I do things like mop the floors because they love to chase the mop, play slip and slide on the wet floor and generally make the process take twice as long. Its also nice to get some fresh air circulating through the house.

Here are a couple of pics I took when they were enjoying their new play area for the first time over the weekend.

Axle sitting in his favourite spot on this creeper (safe for dogs, I checked) which is now almost dead

Chloe showing off her new slim figure from her 2x daily walks - she no longer looks like a marshmallow on legs

Axle giving Chloe kisses

Axle looking like a big grown up boy

Pretty girl

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Wow what a simple yet genius idea! :)
Axle and Chloe are too adorable, I really enjoy their pictures!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks LS!

It was meant to be, the panels fit the space we had to enclose exactly and there was this spongy sealant where the concrete joins so the stakes are securely stuck in the ground - this pen is not going anywhere. It's great for us as we live in a townhouse so no yard (although we have the most amazing park directly across the road).

They are sooo adorable but they're growing up too fast! Ax really looks like an adult in these pics, he's 6 months on Sunday. And Chloe has lost her puppy coat and now has a nice glossy adult coat, she's 4 months on Saturday.

·
Registered
801 Posts
That is a GREAT idea!

Axle and Chloe are so cute, I love the expression in the
last pic, Chloe looks like she's saying....Yes I am spoiled! :cloud9:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts