Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I shot this pic of Rufus and Leo the other night, and thought I'd post it. In three days (4/11) they will be six months old! Hope everyone has a great day!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Elaina... astute observation! Here's the pic that you referenced, of Yogi (our four year-old African Grey) eating his DiCarlo's Pizza. Yogi gets along very well with our chihuahuas (and, believe it or not, with our cats). How do yours interact? Best wishes... Mark

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
That a great picture of Yogi, he has beautiful feathers. My parrot, Junior is 15 years old. i used to breed them, so he was one of my babies. Its so funny, he loves the chihuahuas, i can tell. He copies some of their sounds, and he says good girls, Look, and it sounds just like me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Junior is gorgeous, Elaina! Yogi, too, mimicks Rufus and Leo and calls them (in my voice, of course). You have great taste in companions, Elaina (as do all of the other members of this forum!)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Elaina... here's a pic taken just the other day, of Yogi with Ace (our five year-old house cat). Geeez, I feel like I'm posting about cats and birds on a Chihuahua-People Forum! (Sorry about that!)....

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
OH, wow, that's a beautiful picture. It still amazes me how smart Junior is, even after 15 years. He is my heart and soul. i agree, we have the best taste in pets. chihuahuas and african grey parrots. i love orange cats too.
also my 2 chis are sisters from the same litter. it couldnt have worked out better. they are like 2 peas in a pod, inseperable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Greys are amazing (Not to offend anyone, so are Chihuahuas!). :)

Yogi has learned to call Leo... he hasn't yet learned to say "Rufus."

There is one thing that I'm concerned about, though, Elaina. Perhaps you or another member of the Chihuahua-People forum could help me out with it. Rufus and Leo have learned to "hang around" the floor below Yogi's cage. Yogi is frequently allowed out. It seems as though Yogi (like most other Greys, I suspect) drops half the food he eats. Ruffie and Leo seem more than happy to "clean up the mess."

I don't want to segregate them... and I try to be consciencous about their diets. I'd be interested to hear any ideas/comments about this subject... (Yogi frequently eats "people food").... (no sweets, i.e. chocolate)

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Junior eats alot of people food too. whatever he sees me eating he wants, Chicken , Pasta, potato, fruit, veggies. mostly the only thing that drops to the floor is his parrot seed though, sometimes he just has fun throwing it all over the place.
My 2 chi's arent allowed in the room with the birds, ( i have a 19 year old cockatiel too that was one of my babies.) the way my house is set up, there is a very large doorway between the room the birds are in and the rest of the house, so i just put a large gate up, so, my 2 birds can see in the family room perfect, infact i keep one of my dogs favorite beds right in front of the gate so they are right near the birds, but still cant get in thier room.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts