Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been really busy, but I managed to snap some new pics of him tonight. After doing so, I noticed his ears need a good swabbing so I went and did that ( funny how pictures brought that to attention! ) so please ignore the ear dirt!

His ears are slowly coming up!

I love his little cherry nose, it's getting brighter, lol.

Found out our scale wasn't working correctly so when we got him we thought he was 2 1/2lbs at 7 1/2 weeks or so..Well, he actually weighs a few ounces short of 2 lbs currently at 9 weeks.

As far as temperament goes..well he's a little firecracker. He readily greets strangers big or small but is a little fidgety with loud sounds-which is fine. Any of you tried sleeping with a chi this young and of this size? I was afraid of rolling over on him and still am. He has slept with me a few nights ( for half the night ) and curls up under the blankets wherever he can share warmth. He can hold it all night, but I get up and give him a break around 4am then it's back to the crate until I get up.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Too cute, I might be getting my hands on a chocolate merle. I already have a blue merle. Dont be worried if he turns out to be a big boy. My Zero is 11lbs and not over weight. :D

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I love the marking on his face and the symmetry. He's really cute and growing so fast!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Dont be worried if he turns out to be a big boy. My Zero is 11lbs and not over weight. :D
His dad was a 4lb merle who is actually overweight ( he looked like a sausage when I seen him ) and his mother was 5.5lbs. I got to see some of their previous pups as adults as well when i visited and they are all within the 6lb limit so I'm pretty sure he'll at least be in the standard! They kept back the most adorable chocolate merle female from a previous litter from his parents. Time will tell I guess. He did have a fat brother who would be a larger dog. I saw the two side by side and there was an obvious difference in size.

Thank you for your replies!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I know I said this when you posted younger pics of him.. but I really love the large patches of chocolate on him.. Many merles I have seen have the very tiny color blocks all over, but he is unique to me.. I think he is a mighty handsome boy! Deb

·
Registered
320 Posts
he is absloutely gorgeous. i love his markings. he looks a cheeky little thing! x

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Beautiful. He is simply beautiful. I know alot of people say not to but I sleep with Quigley who at 15.5 weeks is still just 25 oz. He snuggles at either my arm pit or my neck. I am a light sleeper and have slept with small dogs for years never having a problem. As they get older they will learn to move when you do.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
i wanna bite his "cherrY nose" PLEASE! :D omg i ddint even notice the ear dirt up until the 4th pic LOL. still adorable nontheless i love the colorssss yeaaaa

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
He looks very spunky and alert..like he is waiting for the next fun thing to happen.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks for looking everyone! Yes, he is very alert. Between crashes he is VERY nutty. He sprints around the house, slapping his paws on the ground and doing circles and other random spaz attacks. I never knew such tiny jaws could bite down so hard...not to mention his teeth are like needles. Ouch.

Here's a reference pic

Man, his legs suddenly seem sooo long..Lmao.

He weighs 1lb 13oz.

Housebreaking is going reasonably well. He's had only 3 accidents and that was when he first came home and I turned my back for a sec. Would be more but I am able to get him outside when he begins thinking about it. Most of them time he holds it til we go out and a few times became very interested in the door and when I've opened it he walks out and goes on his own. Such a good boy.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Aw he is so cute.You can send him to me lol.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Awww cute little man :) I love his pretty little face :love10:
My little girl is the same weight at the same age (9 weeks= 1.7 lbs).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts