Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to share my joy and excitement, because tomorrow, this little bundle of joy will invade my apartment:

Her name is Molly ("Saga" is her pedigree name), and she's 20 weeks old - and naturally, I've been out shopping for everything we might need before she arrives, and currently, I'm puppy-proofing my apartment. Everything is just about set, and I can't wait! :D

I have a chihuahua already - a blue Merle girl named Shizuka ("High Fly Blue Sky" is her pedigree name). Here she is!

I'm sure she'll love being a big sister! :)

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Awwww too cute for words!! So basically you won't be sleeping tonight?? I can never sleep the night before and my last 2 chis are from the same breeder, 6 hours away, but the excitement always kept being tired away!!

Congratulations!!! Enjoy!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! :D Haha, no, I doubt I'll be sleeping tonight, and she won't arrive until evening time tomorrow (the breeder is driving up here to drop her off), so I have to spend all day waiting impatiently. :p I'm puppy-proofing and cleaning right now - tomorrow, I'll finish up, walk Shizzy so she's tired before Molly arrives, and all should be good. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
She looks just perfect!! Puppy proofing?
The last puppy we had was 'rescued' by my mum from a dodgy guy in the area. So there was no time for proofing anything. One minute we saw him and hours later he was home!
What you doing to puppy proof?!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thank you everyone! Less than 10 hours to go now - I'm sooooooo excited!!!

She looks just perfect!! Puppy proofing?
The last puppy we had was 'rescued' by my mum from a dodgy guy in the area. So there was no time for proofing anything. One minute we saw him and hours later he was home!
What you doing to puppy proof?
Thank you! :D Good on you for rescuing! How old was he?

I hide away any electric cables that she might chew on, make sure that nothing she isn't allowed to come near is in puppy-reachable height, and finally, I'm making sure that she can't get out of the garden - in my case, this will involve always having her on a leash as I don't trust the large outside cats around here while she's a puppy, and seeing that she'll be max 4 lbs when she grows up, it'll probably always be like that. :p

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Welcome to CP! Molly is gorgeous, love her coloring, I can't wait for more pictures!!!!
How cold is Denmark these days? I love your country btw.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to CP! Molly is gorgeous, love her coloring, I can't wait for more pictures!!!!
I adore her coloring too! I can't wait to get her home - just 5 and a half hour to go! :D I promise to take and post plenty of pics!

Denmark is pretty cold, although today is the warmest January-day in many, many years at 10 degrees Celsius! Normally at this time of year, it's down to 5 below freezing.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I adore her coloring too! I can't wait to get her home - just 5 and a half hour to go! :D I promise to take and post plenty of pics!

Denmark is pretty cold, although today is the warmest January-day in many, many years at 10 degrees Celsius! Normally at this time of year, it's down to 5 below freezing.
We have 5°C here is Austria right now, this winter has been kind to us.
The first time I went to Denmark was late March many years ago, it was beautiful and sunny all of the sudden it started snowing, lol, I was speechless.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We have 5°C here is Austria right now, this winter has been kind to us.
The first time I went to Denmark was late March many years ago, it was beautiful and sunny all of the sudden it started snowing, lol, I was speechless.
Same goes for us - it's been unusually warm this year! Haha, and indeed, the weather here can be unpredictable - last year, we had a hail-storm in July!

Despite the warm winter, I've bought a few sweaters and rain jackets for Molly - you never know if you'll need them! (And I can't help it - I LOOOVE shopping for my Chi's, lol)

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Omg hi twin!!!! I can't believe you're back!! Where have you been??? I had to do a double take when I saw ur screen name! How have you been? And hubs? Karma and Laska?????

1 - 20 of 23 Posts