Chihuahua People Forum banner

New puppy - house training problem

552 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  pigeonsheep 
#1 ·
Hello. I am new here but have been reading posts for about 2 weeks. A week ago I got an 8 week old chi cross. So far house training for peeing is going pretty much 100%. However, when we take her out back and we know she has to poop we can stay out there for an hour and she won't but as soon as we bring her in she poops where ever she wants! Any suggestions?

#2 ·
some dogs are outside poopers and some are indoors lol. im not much help as dexter started off poopin on the newspapers inside and then on peepads for a bit....he would love the newspaper more though. he now poops outside and sometimes...the occasional mishaps inside when no one is home to take him outside :/

#3 ·
Well, that is the part I am having a problem with! She has pee pads inside as well, she knows to pee on them but will NEVER poop on them. I spent 45 minutes outside with her tonight cause I knew she had to poop and she only did it in the last 4 minutes. It seems she tries to hold it until we are inside so she can poop on our hardwood floors or carpet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.