Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
What do you suggest I have ready for a new chihuahua puppy?

I’m not new to chihuahuas but I’ve only ever adopted adults. Well, one was 8 months but that is pretty close to grown. Also, the 8 month old pup was recovering from a horrible injury so it was an unusual situation all around. This will be my first experience with a breeder, first chihuahua puppy, and first puppy in general since I was a child. I’ve been researching in books, the AKC website, blogs, youtube, and chatting with an in-law that breeds dogs (though she breeds much larger dogs). So now I’d love to compile information from the community. Can you help?
What do you wish you had on hand for your pup? What do you wish you had known?
Thank you and I hope you all have a wonderful week!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm no expert sorry on Chihuahua’s, presently I do own one and also my last wee dog Bella was a half CHI other half Pomeranian, I know when Nina was a young puppy when I got her, she had a short coat too, though breeder told me she was a long haired, as was her both parent, took a good time until it began growing to get long, plus her colours changed somewhat, she lost all her black markings from her face and turned all white.
I'd say you just need to wait and see.
You will adore her anyway no matter what her coat or head shape are.
Shes a wee beauty, have lots of love between as they are very affectionate and loving, and although show all the family time and love, well Nina makes sure she's mine and shows it, a sticky plaster for sure but it's sure lovely.

·
Registered
6 Posts

This is Nina with Brian our dog we had when Nina came along, he's no longer with us very sad to say he took a tumour on his spleen, had op which got him only 3 months more, he was 12, we rescued him at 2yr old, he was a big gentle gaint American Bully, miss him too much, but more even than that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts