Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have so may questions to ask.. Our puppy just got over parvo-Virus which she contracted from the breeder., she is such a darling... what is your advice.. my puppy does not eat alot or a lot of food.. she does sleep alot she is about 9 weeks.. she loves to be held... and is very loveling.. she is cute when she botes the cat.. can you guys answer my questions so I can be a better mommy... :lol:

1) how did u potty train your dog?
2) Do u crate train you chih? i have and use peepy pads
she hates it and when i come home from work she is shacking with nervous
3) what food do u find your dog likes?
4) whats nutrical I hear about

any other advice i can give so i can give my darling the best life ever

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
1) how did u potty train your dog? I just put puppies pads in a cardboard box and made one end of it his bed and the other end was for him to potty ... I had to cover the potty pad with newspaper at first because he was so small his nails would get stuck in it... Gadget was 3 weeks(I know way too young) when I brought him home. He was only 13 oz at 4 weeks. I after about a week I had to take his bed out of the box and just use the box for a potty box... I then took the potty pad out of the box as Gadget got bigger and by the time he was 8 weeks he was going potty on just the potty pad without newspaper on it... now the potty pad is under a table in the livingroom and I put a 1 liter soda bottle filled with gravel covered with 1/2 a potty pad so that he thinks it's the potty pad... he freaked when it was just the soda bottle. I have a bed set up in the bedroom for him on my side of the bed that has his potty pad with soda bottle covered, his food/water and his bed... it is stepped in levels so that he can go from my bed to his bed to the floor where the potty pad is... I have found this works well, for us...

2) Do u crate train you chih? i have and use peepy pads she hates it and when i come home from work she is shacking with nervous
No I was going to crate train him but he was so small when he was brought home and I had to feed him every 2 hours for a while until I got him to eat food.. out of a dish and I didn't have the heart to put this little tiny bundle of happines in a crate.. by the time he was big enough I didn't have the heart to retrain him.. I do have a soft sided duffel bag type carrier and it is in the livingroom open all the time for him and we use it when we go places.. I take him everywhere with me... he goes in it on his own... when he wants too.. and he is really good in it most of the time when we go places...

3) what food do u find your dog likes? Science Diet puppy small bites
Chicken soup for the puppies soul canned food

I cut these snacks up into bite size pieces and have a bowl in the bedroom and a bowl on the computer desk . I use them for training and for good boy treats. I mix them up in the bowls so that he never knows which one he gets and he never gets bored with them.

Canine Carry Outs Grilled chicken strips
Beggin’ Strips Cheese and Bacon flavor
Hollywood Stars Liver Treats
Milkbones Bakery bites Baconchip ‘n Cheese
Puparoni sticks
Beef & Cheese Flavor Snausages in a blanket

These treats are usually given at night to chew on during tv time.
C.E.T. Oral Hygiene Chews
Talk to me treats Fresh breath & dental care bones Mint flavored

And his favorite popcorn with mom at bedtime.

He also gets peanut butter in his kong.. he loves it… I usually give it to him when we go shopping and I have to leave him in his bag. Than it keeps him quiet and occupied.

Now I didn't give them all to him at once and I gave them to him as he got older... I think the first one was started @ 6 or 7 weeks...

4) whats nutrical I hear about It is a food substitue for puppies that don't want to eat so that the don't have any hyperclocimic<SP> problems.

Hope this has helped you.

Do you put your puppy in a crate during the day whileyou are gone? I would suggest getting a pin for him or making one or using a babygate to block her into a room like the kitchen where she has lots of play space and potty pad and a bed but she isn't running the whole house...

[/b]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the reply... it meant alot to me and helped me... I will make sure we keep her in one room so she can eat and play... she is the best dog ever.. Pictures coming soon :lol:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
w

wow :shock: you're very lucky your pup made it Parvo is very hard for a pup to fight off.

1) how did u potty train your dog? from the time i get them soon as i awaken i say out and put them outside, feed them and outside again in about 20-45 minutes. I put them out every two hours. when they are crate trained i keep news paper in the crate. for the first several weeks i keep them in a crate at night. I have never gotten a pup to where it was to young to put outside lucky me.
2) Do u crate train you chih? yes i do at night or when i amnot home my pup went in a crate for his safety. It isnt wise to let them roam you must set bounderies
i have and use peepy pads
she hates it and when i come home from work she is shacking with nervous. I made the mistake of not training them with wee pads and started just placing them outside i have always kept them in the kitchen with a safety gate so if they made a mess i could clean it right up i kept news paper on the floor one or two of my chis will go on the paper i havent found out what one. I think it's Lady. I was smart enough to use newspaper when i had gotten her
3) what food do u find your dog likes? all my chi's decided to give up thier foods when i had my mom babysit them she fed hers kibbles and bits once they tasted that they wouldnt eat anything else. Grandparents tend to spoil and do things they shouldnt with the grandchildren lol. mine are free fed because they pick through out the day. At 8pm the food and water come up. i try to keep that schedule
4) whats nutrical I hear about nutrical and enervite are high calorie vitamin supplements used to stimulate appetite, increase weight gain and used when suffering with hypoglocemia

1 - 7 of 7 Posts