Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I brought home my brand new chi puppy of 8 weeks and I am so in love with her! :cloud9: I haven't yet decided on a name. My main question right now is potty training. I'd like to eventually train her to go in a litter box since I live in an apartment, and also because the temps around here can drop pretty low some days, and I'd rather her be able to go in the comfort of her own home.

She's doing well pooping on her potty pads (I'm starting with pads), but she pees often and randomly basically anywhere she's standing. Her favorite place being her bed. She also doesn't show any signs before hand which I've never dealt with before. Any tips? Thanks in advance!:D:D:icon_smile:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't really know much about litter panns, but my chis use pads - I'm in an apartment as well. Do you keep her in a pen at all? That''s how I started with Lola.... small acreage and the pad is there, with newspaper covering the remainder. Just reinforce the idea of going -on- the paper... HTH...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's actually starting to improve quite a bit with hitting the mark so to speak with pads! So you just use pads and not a litter pan? Hmm that could work too. I'll try both at some point and compare the two. Thanks! :)

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Using a pen with a wonderful comfy bed and pads on the floor with toys and food and water. That way she will be going on the pads and not making mistakes. A crate can be added to the pen.

Reactions: Raysrocks2
1 - 4 of 4 Posts