Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

some of you may remember me?

I posted a few weeks ago about my parents getting a chi puppy on the 5th of June. I was all freaked out as I work in a vets and all of my clients were saying how badly behaved their chi's were, and telling me never to get one.

You were all very reassuring and helpful, and now I am back to ask you. What would you put on your new puppy shopping list?

me and my mum are going tomorrow to pick up some things so we are ready.

can you all give me some idea?

Emily Reeves

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Here's the list that worked for me:
Iris pen (Walmart online)
puppy pads or newspaper
shower curtain to protect carpet under pen, just in case
bed
water bowl
food dish
puppy food that breeder is using if they aren't giving you a starter supply
small toy
sweater or shirt depending on your weather
small soft blanket
Nutrical

later: harness & leash
crate
more toys, LOL

·
Registered
85 Posts
Also think about getting:

nail clippers
dog shampoo
pet spot cleaner
toothbrush and toothpaste

possibly a soft or hard carrier for vet trips, etc

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Oh, I did forget those especially the cleaner, Nature's Miracle is good. (Although our puppy hasn't had an accident and she roams the house most of the time.) I swear by the Iris. I would add a dog car seat, too, although you may want to research all the options available. Nutracal is glucose in case pup goes into hypoglycemia. (We did have trouble with that with Peanut.) The vet you work for probably has some.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
If you get the Iris pen (36x36") they have either washable pads for humans that are 34x36". I have used these washable pads for 3 years!! I do not use any bleach, nor fabric softener on them Also there are disposable pee pads in larger sizes than the usual puppy pee pads.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
We use washable pads, too. (It's a great alternative in a blizzard or rain, even for adult dogs.) After buying several and shopping around I found a great price and quality, pure cotton top at HealthyKin.com. I folded the pad in half to make it smaller when training her to go on the pad in the pen. She had already learned how at the breeder's, so that was a breeze. After trying to housebreak an adult dog without the pen, I will NEVER be without a pen again. So much frustration could have been avoided. PS- Waiting for pics of the pup! Take lots of photos, they grow so fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts