Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get my first chihuahua towmorrow. My first priorty is potty training. I am going shopping today so anything i should get? How often dose a chi puppy need to go out? Any other info is needed! :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any thing i can put in the food to prevent hypoglicimia? How often should i feed my pup, or should I free feed? Can i give him a bath when he first comes home?

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i would free feed, just measure out the recommended amount your vet suggests and leave it down all day. don't put anything in the food, the way to prevent the hypoglycemic attack is to make sure your puppy is eating regularly throughout the day and if you notice he hasn't eaten in a few hours try to coax him to eat and if it doesn't work then give him a little nutrical. others could better tell you how long they should go without eating before you need to give nutrical. i only had to use it once on chiwi.... you can get that at a petstore. the breeder gave chiwi a bath the day she was going home, i had to bath her 3 days after though.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
you cant take them out unless you know for sure that where your taking them has never had other dogs, hedgehogs or foxes etc, they need to go to the toilet every hour to hour and half at first until they are older good luck :wave:

·
Registered
84 Posts
ozzysmom said:
you cant take them out unless you know for sure that where your taking them has never had other dogs, hedgehogs or foxes etc,
Why hedgehogs? like wild hedgehogs, or pets too? (I have 3 hedgies) ?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
its probably wild hedgies they are infested with disease and fleas which a new puppy could catch!! :cry: :shock:

Wow 3 hedgies as pets!!!! woohoo

·
Registered
84 Posts
Okay, thank you! That scared me for a second... esp. since one of my hedgie girls is an escape artist, in fact she escaped her cage again an hour ago, I found her sniffing the sugar glider cages. Silly Brianna!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Helen said:
Okay, thank you! That scared me for a second... esp. since one of my hedgie girls is an escape artist, in fact she escaped her cage again an hour ago, I found her sniffing the sugar glider cages. Silly Brianna!

aw my hedgie used to escape to! i would always find her chasing the cats in the middle of the night! very funny!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts