Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Beautiful! :thumbright:

I've been admiring Hurtta for a looooong time. I wish to get some winter jackets
from them for my boys. This is like the Northface of doggie gear, for active dogs
you can't get any better.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
What size did you girls buy for your Chis? The 9 inch? That seems to be the
smallest I found. Also, how did you measure?(there seems to be mixed reviews
about that, some measure from neck, others from withers)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Cream Chi: That raincoat looks really cute and functional, except for one factor, which I can't tell from the photo. How does a male manage to 'aim' to successfully pee while wearing the coat? Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Joe&Ruth, the cut is supposed to be high on these, to allow males to urinate freely without wetting the coat. :)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Rockys fits really well and is so tight on his belly/ chest (not too tight of course) that he won't wee on it.

You have to measure from the point where the neck just ends (which usually is at the withers) until the point where the tail starts.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Rockys fits really well and is so tight on his belly/ chest (not too tight of course) that he won't wee on it.

You have to measure from the point where the neck just ends (which usually is at the withers) until the point where the tail starts.

Thank you! So you got the 9inch? What's Rocky's weight & girth measurement?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Haven't gotten the 9inch one, as Rocky is way too big for it. He is 3.6kg. Maybe someone with a smaller Chi and a Hurtta coat can help you. Also, you could always write them an email I am sure they can help you about sizing :).

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Haven't gotten the 9inch one, as Rocky is way too big for it. He is 3.6kg. Maybe someone with a smaller Chi and a Hurtta coat can help you. Also, you could always write them an email I am sure they can help you about sizing :).

I ask you because I think your Rocky & my Chanel are similar in size, she is 3.8kg.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Oh, I see. Have you measured her yet? How long is her back? If it's just at the edge of one of the sizes then I would rather take the bigger one.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Even the 27cm one was a bit too short for Rocky and the girth strap was as long as it could get (his girth is 36cm) and it just fitted.

Should add that Rockys back (from withers to start of the tail) measures exactly 27cm. But yet the coat seemed a bit too short. That's why I said even it's just about to fit than rather take a size up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts