Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got another rescue. She was found by a young girl and taken in. She then got out and was attacked by a big dog and her pelvis was broke. The girl had limited money, so she took the best care of her she could for the next few months until she healed. The dog's name is Sweet Pea, but I may change it. She weighs 4.6 pounds, but looks like she could stand to gain a bit more. She gets around better than Twiggy, but still is a bit lame in the back. She's really sweet dog, about five years old. I need to get her in, get an xray and shots for her, then get her fixed.

Bit skinny. I think a better diet will help

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After looking at her more, I think she may be older, like 8 to 10 years old, what with the greying on her muzzle. Her teeth are in pretty good shape, though, very little tartar.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Congrats on the new chi.
SO I take it, couldn't get the guardian of the larger dog to pay vet costs?.
At least she's doing better now.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats on the new chi.
SO I take it, couldn't get the guardian of the larger dog to pay vet costs?.
At least she'd doing better now.
I guess not, it may have been a stray. She lives in the bad part of town and said most of her dogs are dumped along the old train tracks and left. She attempts to rescue larger dogs and tries to find homes for them, this was her smallest and that's why she was looking for someone that had experience with chis.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Aww she is a cutie she will be better in no time under your love and care.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
oh my gosh she is pretty , my sort of girl :).
unfortunately most of the time vets cannot do anything for a broken pelvis :( , she was very lucky to have someone stand by her through it all .

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
After looking at her more, I think she may be older, like 8 to 10 years old, what with the greying on her muzzle. Her teeth are in pretty good shape, though, very little tartar.
She looks a lot like my Bruiser. He is only 7 and has had that graying (actually, even more of it) around his muzzle for at least 3 years. People all think he is an old dog (probably because he acts like it too). But he's not. Have had him since he was a little pup.

Bless your heart for taking her in. She's a doll

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
God bless her. what a face. They know how to find you don't they ?? You have such endless energy for these pups. she is one lucky girl . How is she with all of the others ?? She looks very sweet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts