Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This little guy was found running down an alley with a whole pack of little dogs, skinny and freezing. The lady called to them and he came running up so happy as the rest of the dogs took off. She couldn't have another dog where she was living, so, after trying to find his owner for a couple of weeks, he came here. I estimate his age as 2 to 4 years old. He weighs about 4 pounds 2 oz, he wouldn't stand still on the scale. He has a tremendous under bite and a snaggle tooth. He is sweet and friendly, but doesn't know what to make of all the other dogs quite yet. I was able to clip his nails, they were about an inch long. I wasn't able to take a lot off, the quick was just too long. I will have to trim a bit off each week to get them down to where they belong.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
He looks like a little fire ball--like he jumped right out of Beverly Hills Chihuahua, you know, "We shiver because we're mighty!" I don't know I guess your description and pics conjured up images in my mind of a fella that doesn't even seem to know how dire his situation was, and he was saved--he's just experiencing his new adventure. Anyway, so thankful he made it to you, and you can care for him or rehome him if you choose.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Oh my gosh Pam what a little cutie. Such a handsome little guy I bet youll have no trouble homing him out. I cant believe hes done so well on the street, hes so skinny and his nails are so bad that he clearly hasnt been cared for in a while. I really cannot believe those nails. Is he neutered? If not they can cut them right down for you at the vets while hes under so getting quicked wont hurt him.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He is darling!!
Has he eaten for you?
Hope says that she has an underbite and a snaggle tooth and she'd kiss him on the mouth if she was there!
Yeah, just got back from Petsmart where I got him a raincoat/jacket and some Blue Buffalo canned food and mixed it with some puppy food and he scarfed it right down. And he says he'd love to get a kiss from pretty little Hope.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
He sure is a cute little guy. I am sure you will but I'd make sure to worm him, he looks thin, but he also has the characteristic 'sprung' ribs of a dog that has worms of some sort. I would do round, whip, tape etc. Tape you will probably need a separate wormer for.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He sure is a cute little guy. I am sure you will but I'd make sure to worm him, he looks thin, but he also has the characteristic 'sprung' ribs of a dog that has worms of some sort. I would do round, whip, tape etc. Tape you will probably need a separate wormer for.
Yeah, he's going in to the vet Wednesday for a complete check-up and wormer and starting his shots. And he will be neutered next month, too. Right now he is humping poor little Chumley non-stop so he's having a little time out in his crate.

·
Registered
655 Posts
He's adorable! Thank goodness he's safe
now. I have a rescue dog named Nala
and she is the best antidepressant. No other
medicine in the world can do what these
little souls can do for us.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts