Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
For some reason when I tried to load it as a Signature picture it would make it tiny, if I did an 'insert' picture for it in the signature place it goes the right size. Does that make sense?

So basically you want to put a picture in the white box of the signature part, then it will show up as the correct size. Otherwise it auto resizes to really tiny. It took me a bit to figure that out.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
can't wait for you to sort it out--it looks cute even small like that...
I save mine to photobucket and resize them there first. Then copy and
post the link in the edit signature box...

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
can you send me the link to the pic...... let me see the resolution and size of it.... it looks to be a square pic so I'll see what is going on with it

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the help! The graphic is actually a scrapbook page from Print Shop 23.1 that I exported as a .jpg. So it's really the size of a scrapbook page. I resized it in MS Picture Manager so it wouldn't be too big, clearly it wasn't, so the second time I made it a little bigger and reuploaded it. When that didn't change anything, I uploaded it in its full, original size--no luck there either.
Jan, I'd be happy to send it to you and sent you a message from the Member's List saying so but I didn't see a way to upload to graphic in the message I sent to you...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let's see if this works, Jan. Looks like it did! Great! Hope you can help from the attachment.
Thanks always!
Kimberly

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can't wait for you to sort it out--it looks cute even small like that...
I save mine to photobucket and resize them there first. Then copy and
post the link in the edit signature box...
Your signature is so cute and your babies are beautiful. They look like they should be on a calendar! :)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Judging from the size of the graphic now, I'd say I figured it out! I've never done the pasting of IMG codes before but uploaded my graphic to Photobucket and copied and pasted it from there. (Many thanks to whomever mentioned that method.)
The signature graphic that is showing up now is 40% of original size. Is it too big? If it were, would the forum system tell me that or otherwise reject it?

Thank you all for your help!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Starting February 15, 2010, these are the rule(s) with regards to signatures:

1. All users are given a maximum space of 600px (width) and 300px (height) for their signature. You can do whatever you want to do with this space (i.e. use it for banner images, blinkies).

2. Since web links or text in your signature cannot be measured in width and height, You can have a MAXIMUM of 1 line of text in your signature.

3. You cannot make a thread/post asking for someone to create an image/banner for your signature for you unless you have 75 posts. If you do so, we will remove the post or thread without warning.

Your siggy is 500X500. :)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did read those rules before I created my graphic and I was resizing in Picture Manager by pixels b/c I was trying to follow the rules....I got a little lost when the graphic size kept coming in at the same size each time I would resize it and reupload it...
I usually resize by percentage in Picture Manager so I'm new to resizing by pixels.
So am I over the 300px limitation or does your smiley face mean I'm alright?
Thank you very much for your help!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I did read those rules before I created my graphic and I was resizing in Picture Manager by pixels b/c I was trying to follow the rules....I got a little lost when the graphic size kept coming in at the same size each time I would resize it and reupload it...
I usually resize by percentage in Picture Manager so I'm new to resizing by pixels.
So am I over the 300px limitation or does your smiley face mean I'm alright?
Thank you very much for your help!
it looks awsome but it does need to be at the most 600 long and 300 tall , jans is the perfect size so if you go by that you cant go wrong :)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, I think it's legal now. Guess I'll learn to look for rectangular shaped graphics to work from. I can't resize a square into a rectangle and you can't see it as well as I would like.
Again, thank you all for your help!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Yes, rectangle shapes work better. :) You are at 307X307 PX right now, so I think that should be okay.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
if you post the background i will change the shape for you if you like :)
That would be great! I thought about it but figured it would distort it. I posted the graphic as an attachment back on the first page of this thread, I think you can work from that--if not, let me know.
Thank you again!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts