Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to check out this awesome pet store called Simply Paws and it's the COOLEST. We got a box of Thrive and I'm really excited to try it out :) I got them bully sticks too and yeah... I wish I'd sprung for the odorless cuz they already smell like crap! They love them though :) I can't wait to try more from this store.

Just wanted to share! :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Yay, i'm a new THK and Bullystick user too, it's been different. Our bullysticks didn't smell horrible, but not good either. It was worth it though with how entertained they were :]

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They had odorless and w/ odor, and frankly I didn't want to spend 8 bucks a piece for the stink free lol. I'll deal! (I am supposed to be brushing their teeth anyway. *Note to self*)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Haha, they're SO expensive anyway. I wish I could treat them more often but mine inhale them.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Someone on here told me the odorless bully sticks are treated with something to make them that way... Personally I'm not comfortable with that information, I think the stench is worth the happiness they bring them. :D

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Let us know how they do on the Thrive!

I'd stick with the smelly bully sticks, they're safer. Generally the odorless are treated with irradiation which you'd probably want to stay away from.

I don't know if you got any deals on your Thrive but I have Honest Kitchen coupons to share with anyone who's interested. Just shoot me a PM if you are. Hope it all works out for you! :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Nice! I hope the THK Thrive goes well for them. I feed the Force, Zeal, and Embark and Pip and Roo love it. :)

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Hope your girls enjoy THK, it got mixed reviews from my crew. Definitely look into Best Bully Sticks.com, theyre less than $2 each when you order them online.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
6 Inch Standard Odor Free Bully Sticks | Odor Free Bully Sticks -- 25 bullies for $28.00.

These are pretty much the best bullies you can buy, FAR better quality than those from pet stores, and last 2x as long.

About how they're made odor free:

"After many requests from customers for odor-free bully sticks, we've found them! From a new supplier, these sticks are virtually odorless (you'd have to get "awfullyclose" to smell them).

Residual moisture (and water) amplify the odor of bully sticks. This new supplier dries the sticks longer than usual, which results in a product with almost zero moisture-or odor.

These bully sticks are all natural. Unlike other bully stick producers, which often use bleach to remove odor, absolutely no chemicals are used on these chews. They're just like all Best Bully Sticks products: healthy, safe, and delicious!"

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone :)

And thank you for the info Kristi! Is it not possible to get them individually?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They had their first meal of it this morning and they LOVED it!! So happy :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
How's it going? Godrics first poo was HORRIBLE but now that he's adjusting it's teeny tiny and hard most importantly. I hate that he's going to have to be on kibble till I get more in :( Stupid local retailers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts