Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I came across this forum looking for traits for my pup Charlie. The main reason I've been researching is his eating habits...He will only eat off of the floor. He starts with the bits that missed the bowl when I pour it. Then he'll grab whats inside and throw it on the floor. Then he proceeds to eat his food. I'm just curious if that's normal or not? He's almost 6 months.

·
Registered
469 Posts
My Glyn won't eat out of the bowl either he snatches his food out of it as if the bowl is going to attack at any minute. He runs in his bed with his food

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Totally normal! There are days Roxy doesn't want to eat out of her bowls either. She'll either eat out of my hand or off the floor! Don't worry about it! :) As long as he's eating!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Chanel takes her kibble and runs to her bed to eat it. I have to hand feed Sparkles her kibble. However they will both eat their supper out of their bowls which is usually boiled chicken.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi my buster is 11 months and he takes one tiny kibble out of saucer and brings to carpet floor then eats

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hello and Welcome.....Zoey does this too so I feed her on a small paper plate.

·
Registered
477 Posts
All three of mine do this, a Chihuahua, a Bichon, and a Yorkie. They do eat out of the bowls a little, but prefer it from the floor. I think the Bichon started it. The other two will follow him and when he drops the mouthful of food, they will help him eat it. The Yorkie loves to "chase" kibble and dumps food out of her bowl to play with it. Just eating out of a bowl is so dull ... they try to make it a bit more interesting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts