Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My name is Jade and I just got my first Chihuahua 6 days ago. She's 12 weeks old and the new light of my life. Her name is Tamano de Pinta, which is why it's my user name. It's Mexican Spanish for Pint Size. Of course I just call her Pinta for short. I love her so much and there is so much about her that makes me laugh. One of my favourite things is her tired head bob. Right no as I type this she is sitting on my lap, slowly falling asleep and her little eyes slowly close and then her head begins to do the bob as she fights sleep.

She is doing good learning. I am crate training her an shes dine excellent she sleeps a good 8 hours a night if not more with no complaining. That surprised me since she had no prevoius crate experience. She even sits, lies down and shakes on command.

The only area we are making slow progress is her house training. she knows when i take her outside that shes to do her business but she hasn't gotten the hang of initating an outdoor break by herself. I have a box with some grass in it by the door but she just ignores that. I take her out after every meal and playtime and when I see her sniffing but we havent been quick enough to catch them all. so any advice on that front is welcome.

Overall I am loving having a chi and regret not getting one sooner.

Jade.:love5:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
seems like you are doing all the right things. The only thing I would recommend is the use of a puppy playpen. Put the box of grass in it, her bed/crate, and a few toys. You can use it when you go out, and at night. Makes it very convenient. Safe place for the puppy too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts