Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just introducing ourselves....

Pixie is 10 yrs old and her new baby sister, "Baby-Waby" ("Baby" for short...lol) will be 3 months old on 5/10/2012 and weighs 1.8 pounds. To make a long story short, I'd been wanting an Italian Greyhound for 30 years but was getting fatigued of the quest for one as it seemed like every week the criteria to "qualify" to purchase or adopt one got tougher. On a whim, my wife and I learned of some available Chihuahua puppies and thought it would be no harm "just to take a look for the fun of it and promise each other not to buy one". The instant we laid eyes on Baby, the only disagreement we had was which one of us could drive faster back to the house to get the checkbook!

Hope the pics post as I'm new at this...

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Welcome! :)

Your dogs are both very sweet.
Congrats on your new addition.
I love Iggies too, but Chis are
also incredibly special dogs.

Enjoy the forum & keep posting
beautiful pictures!!!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Welcome:)

No wonder you couldn't help getting baby, she is adorable. And Pixie is a cutie too, does she like her new little sister.

I love Italian greyhounds too. My Axle loves to play with a lavender one who frequents our dog park, she is just beautiful and they have so much fun chasing eachother.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Hello and welcome to you and your two precious little ones!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Welcome:)

...Pixie is a cutie too, does she like her new little sister...
I think Pixie has fallen for Baby just like we have although their relationship seems to be a sort of "Baby as Dennis the Menace" vs "Pixie as Mr. Wilson" one at present. We got Pixie when she was about 4 yrs old and, while we couldn't ask for a sweeter dog around my wife and I, she definitely has her territorial side......You'd think she was an little attack trained Presa Canario around folks she doesn't know (or hasn't seen in awhile...lol). We definitely had our fears about introducing Baby to her but, after a few obligatory initial growls, they've settled down to become ideal playmates. Baby had Pixie "pinned" on her back the other day giving her little puppy bites and I could practically hear Pixie saying, "....the things I go thru....'sigh'".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts