Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Christina. I am new to owning Chis (raised pitbulls for over 20yrs but had my heart stolen by Guinevere). I got my girlie Guinevere in April, she is 2yrs old but I have been around her all her life. The breeder she came from is 4 houses away from me so when my bestfriend (and coworker) wanted a chi I introduced them. Guinevere spent everyday @ work w/us until the other coworkers got upset cause boss didn't want their Big dogs in office. I found out about a yr and a half ago that I have Lupus (had to have 3 strokes before docs figured it out) and had to stop working. My best friend desided that it would be best for Guinevere to have a stay at home mommy (baby was having to be kenneled for long periods, she was so sad). She also had seizures as a puppy. She has only had two small ones since she has been w/me (both were after head bumps, thought about making her a little helmet, lol) so we got her a car seat (one bump was due to car turning too fast for her). She took right away to taking care of me, she knows before I do if its going to be one of "those" days for my Lupus. We think she is so much happier here because she has a job, (such a little worker, lol). Another coworker got Gawain thinking that he is little will be easy, but he also was having to be kenneled lots. We are his 4th home and he is only 6months old (poor baby). We got him last friday and wouldn't you know our girlie went into heat the day after we found out he was coming. Seems to be helping her accept him though :lol: We are keeping them apart unless we are right there to make sure no mistakes happen (no lil' babies). He was pretty dehydrated, his fur was dry and dull, and has very little muscle (they were feeding him kibbles & bits, pieces too big for his little mouth). He is taking right to his new home/family, loves everyone and everyone loves him. Already his coat has a shine and is softer (could be water/food changes or just the fact that he is being petted all the time, lol) He already has his kennel up comand down as well as lay down (still working on sit, lol). Unlike Guinevere he loves having his picture taken (she just looks at you like "whatever") :lol: hope to have more pics soon. I call them my little Geeks because both of their initials spell GEEK, :lol: Sorry this is so long, hard to keep it short when talking about the babies don't ya know :D

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Hi and welcome! :wave: You and your little ones sound like a wonderful family who will benefit immensely by being together. Thanks for taking the time to tell us all about yourselves. You have a really lovely little family. :lol:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you all for the warm welcome. Have gotten wonderful response to my questions so far. All I have to say is please be patient if I ask silly questions from time to time, these little guys are so different from the pits that I use to raise (more then just size of course, lol). :D I seem to worry so much more about Guinevere and Gawain then I did about all of my big dogs put together, lol. They are such little babies, lol but we are loving every minute of it :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts