Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a new pup, and new to the toy dog world. my name is Chris, been married for 3 years, i'm 21 years old. i'm currently serving in the US Air Force. we have one daughter, who just turned 2. and we also have another child on the way, due mid may.my mother-in-law bought my daughter a chi for her b-day, she named the pup Princess. i hope to learn alot on the site.

this is my first toy dog, but the wife has had toy dogs before.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Hi and Welcome :hello2:

I hope you will find lots of helpful information here.

Your first lesson will be learning how to post a picture of your Princess.
We love pics here. LOL

·
Registered
361 Posts
:wave: Hello and Welcome! Where are you stationed? I was an A.F. brat then married to a MSgt (later divorced).
Don't feel bashful about asking any kind of question. You will find alot of good advice here, people are so very supportive and really care.
I think you will love having a Chi in your family. Keep us posted, can't wait to see pictures!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you for the warm welcome. i am currently station at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson, AZ. i've been in for a little over 3 years now. here is a pic of princess, taken yesterday. and a pic of my family, taken on the mountain lastnight during sunset.

·
Registered
361 Posts
What a beautiful family you are! And that precious puppy will add years of pleasure for y'all!
Been to DM-AFB a long time ago. No doubt it has changed ALOT.
God bless you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to life with a chihuahua, they are unlike any other dog. My youngest child was 4 when we got Jenny. You hear alot that chihuahuas aren't good with small children. I disagree, some people don't teach their young child to respect a small dog. I taught my children that Jenny is not a stuffed animal or toy. They learned that she was really alive and could get hurt. Some chihuahuas snap at kids if they keep picking at them. Jenny sometimes does this to other kids. I just tell them to leave her alone. If you need any advice let me know. But my kids are still doing great with her 3 years later and always respect her and take care of her for the special little girl that she is.

Jensmom

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome, you will find alot of useful info on this board, the people here are just great, and are very helpful.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts