Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, New here and New to the world of Chi babies. I am a SAHM to my dd Magdalene who is 7 thanks to by wonderful husband of 8 years. We just adopted a Chi baby boy named Biscuit, who is 7 weeks old. I have had dogs before as has my husband, but I have never raised a city dog before. We live in Chicago so rules and best manners are a necessity and it makes me nervous. I have also never had a chihuahua so this is a new experience as well. But I, as well as my family, am very excited to have a new member in our family and look forward to learning all about the tiny snuggle-er that is taking over our home.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Welcome! Biscuit is adorable. Congrats on your first Chi! They are the most amazing, loyal, affectionate dogs.

My family is all in Chicago- I love the city! I don't have experience with having a dog in the city, as I have always lived in suburban settings. But there are people on here that live in London, New York City, Chicago, Toronto, etc. and have Chis. It is entirely possible.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aww thank you. Your baby is a cutie too! I am sure we will get the hang of things fairly quickly. He is already mostly house trained. He goes to the door when he is wanting out, but accidents do happen from time to time if I don't notice him at the door. He is just so nervous outside. We live fairly close to a fire station and he HATES the sounds of the sirens. Not that I can blame him. But he has made fast friends with my neighbors German Shep and if she is outside with us he seems to not react to the sounds with such fear. Thank you for the welcome and I look forward to learning as much as I can from all of you on here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts