Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I got my first Chi about 2 years ago now. She is a rescue and she had 4 pups when she was under a year old and my friend found her where they dumped her and the newborn pups ( eyes still closed) in a box at the end of a driveway where she cleans. So I didn’t know much about them but I quickly learned and I’m in love with them. So as someone who didn’t know anything about them I went and bought her a bling color then read about their throats so ran right back out and got her a harness. So we still have her bling color but it has her tags on it in her bag. The vet had told me she has floating knees When I got her but there isn’t anything to worry about right now. When should that be a concern if anyone has had one with this? Sorry if that sounds stupid never had this in a dog before and I just want to know what I should look for. Here are a couple pics of her.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
She’s gorgeous!! Luxating patella (floating knees) is common in chihuahuas. There’s different grades, grades 1-4, depending on how loose the tendons are in the knee. Just keep an eye on it, if it looks like it’s bothering her, talk to her vet. It may never bother her, or it can get worse and may need surgery. It’s hard to say. I have a French bullhuahua that has it, but other than walking with a little skip every once and a while, it doesn’t bother him much.

·
Registered
24 Posts
She’s gorgeous!! Luxating patella (floating knees) is common in chihuahuas. There’s different grades, grades 1-4, depending on how loose the tendons are in the knee. Just keep an eye on it, if it looks like it’s bothering her, talk to her vet. It may never bother her, or it can get worse and may need surgery. It’s hard to say. I have a French bullhuahua that has it, but other than walking with a little skip every once and a while, it doesn’t bother him much.
I would love to see a picture of your bullhuahua! I had never heard of 1?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Here he is. His name is Hubert. He ended up with a bulldog body and a chihuahua head he does have the rounded ears of a Frenchie, and doesn’t bark at all like a Frenchie.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts