Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up Puppia Fargo coats for Pip and Roo to get ready for Winter. I found out about them from Kristi, she always finds the best stuff. These are seriously the best coats ever for dogs. (I've tried many) The fit in excellent and the coats are really high quality. Edited to add that the hood also comes off and attaches with snaps. So if you think it's in the way you can easily take it off.

Pip actually doesn't seem to mind the coat too much, although he looks mildly put out in this first pic. haha. He usually he acts like he can't walk in clothes and sulks, but he seems ok in this so yay. The fit is really good!

Pip hoping that wearing the coat gets him a treat. lol.

Sorry I could not get a decent pic of Roo in the coat. She looks so darn cute in it too.

A quick video I took. It's mainly Pip because Roo wanted to go to sleep after being up playing most of the day.

A close up pic of the coats.

For anyone looking for a good Winter coat for their pups, I highly recommend these! They are great! :)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
How cute! They seriously look like winter parkas. Kristi is in CO so of course she knows of great coats!! haha! The video is too cute! He looked kind of proud.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How cute! They seriously look like winter parkas. Kristi is in CO so of course she knows of great coats!! haha! The video is too cute! He looked kind of proud.
Haha he did look proud! Thanks Karen! And you're right, they are just like little parkas. We get bad winters where I'm at so these will be perfect. :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very cute, handsome Pip!! I can't help but laugh at Roo :-D the way she ran away, LOL.

Pretty coats, btw!!
Thank you! :) Yes, Roo was having none of it. I took too long to give the treat and she was like forget this, I'm going back to bed. lol.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Those are just tooooooooooooo cute!!!!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are just tooooooooooooo cute!!!!
Thanks Tracy! Did you ever get one for Brody? It would be perfect for him, the fit is so nice. It's not a "strict" fit which is what makes it so perfect. It would fit lots of different chis body types, I think.

I love them!!!!! They both look so cute in them! They'll be so warm come winter!! :)
Thanks so much, Rachel! They'll be really warm, yes! The inside has a really nice soft cozy lining too. :)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
super super cute I wish I knew about their shipping to Canada

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
super super cute I wish I knew about their shipping to Canada
Thank you! :) I got them from the Marilyn Muttroe site and the shipping to US is very cheap (only 3.99) so maybe it wouldn't be too much going to Canada? You can also find lots of coupons for the site online too. I used a 20% off one.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Thank you! :) I got them from the Marilyn Muttroe site and the shipping to US is very cheap (only 3.99) so maybe it wouldn't be too much going to Canada? You can also find lots of coupons for the site online too. I used a 20% off one.
What size did you get for Pip and Roo? I'm not too good at ordering online as I always screw up the measurements.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What size did you get for Pip and Roo? I'm not too good at ordering online as I always screw up the measurements.
I got them both smalls. It's the smallest size the coat comes in and it fits them both really well. You can make them a little bit more snug with the elastic adjusters too, but since it's a coat it's fine if it's a little big. :) (It's a really easy coat to get them in and out of which is nice too!)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Ooooooh I sooooo want those for my girls!!! That pink would look so good on them!
It doesn't get super cold here in Oregon, but it does rain a lot, ha ha. I know Izzie would be a small, and Bella prolly a medium. But the length screws me up cuz they are both longer then the measurements on length... ?
These are their measurements.. what do you think? And they are 10 months, so they may still grow more.
Izzie- 3.5 lbs- 7 in neck 11 in chest 9 in length
Bella- 7 lbs- 9 in neck 14.5 in chest 12 in length

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks so much for the sweet comments everyone! :)

Ooooooh I sooooo want those for my girls!!! That pink would look so good on them!
It doesn't get super cold here in Oregon, but it does rain a lot, ha ha. I know Izzie would be a small, and Bella prolly a medium. But the length screws me up cuz they are both longer then the measurements on length... ?
These are their measurements.. what do you think? And they are 10 months, so they may still grow more.
Izzie- 3.5 lbs- 7 in neck 11 in chest 9 in length
Bella- 7 lbs- 9 in neck 14.5 in chest 12 in length
The coats would look so cute on your girls! :) For Izzie, yes, definitely the small -her measurements are basically the same as Roo. For Bella, I think she would need the medium as you mentioned.

I wouldn't worry about the length really. The coats are fine being a couple inches shorter. I don't think they would go the full length on most dogs and are made to mainly cover the upper body. They do that intentionally for bathroom purposes, I think. lol. What's nice is you can get them snug under the belly with the little draw strings. And they have leash holes, yay.

Here's the measurements for the coats:

If you get them from Marilyn Muttroe make sure to use one of the coupons. You can find them here:
Marilyn Muttroe Coupon Codes (5 available) - Tjoos

Let us know what you decide! :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have an older version of that puppia parka for two of my dogs, the only issue I had was that the hoods needed to be pinned back so that they don't flop forward. puppia used to make a down jacket, about three winters ago, that actually has sleeves. I still have that puppia down jacket but hardly use it b/c my male rarely needs a jacket that warm. I chatted with the puppia sales reps, at Super Zoo, and they don't have plans to bring back the down jacket unfortunately.

If you need something warmer than that puppia parka, checkout Canine styles, as they make a down jacket. canine styles also makes horse blanket style jackets that are very reminiscent of the old school chihuahua jackets seen in out of print books.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts