Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My name is Lauren [16 y.o.], and i just discovered this board--and I am so relieved to find a resource for everything Chi-related I might want to know!

Back story--recently I went to visit my aunt in Mexico City, and as fate may have it, we brought home a new Chi puppy, 12 weeks at the time. Now he is 14 weeks, and we love him! He is my baby. His name is Chicharron--means "pork rinds", roughly, in Spanish. We call him Cheech or sometimes Chichi for short. He's so beautiful, as well--he has the colouration of a rottweiler--and he thinks he's one, too!

The thing is, we weren't exactly prepared when we got him, just like when we got our other dog, Niko, a yorkie. For him, my sister just sort of...brought him home. And for Chichi, on a visit to my aunt's vet we just...fell in love with the boy. Unfortunately, I know little of the breed. I am used to small dogs, and his temperament is amazing--we're so lucky with animals!--but it will still be good to have somewhere to go to ask people about anything I might not know about the breed.

I hope I'll enjoy myself here--it looks like a great community!

<3 Lauren

·
Registered
587 Posts
Welcome! Here you will find tons and tons of very useful information. I just recently got my first chi and i dont know how i could have done without these guys! Good luck with your new baby! :wave:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome, everybody!!

And, Rachael: No, no problem at all! As long as you have all their shots up to date--and usually, they don't bother checking on dogs and cats when crossing the border, it's more livestock they worry about.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually, yeah. Chi's aren't very popular there; it's the shnauzers. They're EVERYWHERE! My aunt, who I was staying with, has a shnauzer and a "french shnauzer"-- a shnauzer poodle mix. Apparently they're incredibly popular. Shnauzers, I mean.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Working on getting pictures--our digital camera just broke, and the 35 mm camera we have has dead batteries! I'm excited, too; I just made him the cutest little pirate vest, and he loves it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts