Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a new Chi owner until the lady that I got the puppies from came and took them and now will not answer my phone calls or emails.

I bottle fed them, 3 puppies, from 2 weeks old....they are now 11 weeks old and I was ready to send them to their new homes after the vet looked at them and they got their shots. It was hard because when I got them they were urinating blood. They are all healthy now. The lady said she wanted to show her parents and then decided to not bring them back. she has my crate and the puppy she said I could have. I am not very happy because of the way she did this and was told there is nothing I can do. :( I am so upset.

I hope you all do not mind me reading the posts.

Thanks,
Colleen

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Do you mean she's taken all the puppies ? sorry don't understand the bit "she has the puppy she said you could have ??????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry..yes she wanted to show her parents them all.....I was dumb and trusted her. I don't know if I have any legal rights. I am so upset about it.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
She gave you the puppies when they needed to be bottle fed, then when they were old enough to be found new homes, she came and got them and you let her take them back, right? Personally, I wouldn't have let her leave the house with the one she promised you. I am sorry she did this to you, it must hurt terribly. Is she a friend? Do you know where she lives? Can you at least get your crate back? This really sucks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup. She even posted on her facebook site that she could no longer take care of them and they were free. I told her that I needed help to find homes because I usually can't find homes for puppies. Then she tells me she needs 100 dollars each and could I find people to give them homes. I did and don't take money until the puppies are in a persons hands and has been vet checked. She thought that I was trying to keep the puppies....not sure how. But I was stupid and trusted her to bring them back. I had tried to contact her and she will not respond. She was also suppose to call me according to another person. I found her address but am nervous to go over. At least by myself. I will never help another friend of a friend again. I can't believe that people can be so mean. Everyone is telling me to press charges for her taking my crate and the puppy that she promised me. My daughter is the one that I feel a bad for. She helped and was unable to say bye to the puppies. I can't believe I was so dumb.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Can you call or go over and politely tell her you are not upset but would really like the puppy you were promised back and your crate back? Tell her that you and your daughter got attached. Maybe offer her some money for the pup back as it sounds like she is out to make a buck and let you do all the hard work :-(

ETA...I am not sure where you live but is there any way you can call your local newspaper or news and see if they will do a story on this? The Humane Society to see if they can offer any assistance? I would try to be nice like my first comment first and only step in with news or authorities if that didnt work. Have you even considered talking to the police or an attorney about it to see what your rights are?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts