Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just said to my girlfriend the other day that there must be a good online forum about Chihuahuas, and wouldn't you know it, there is.

My name is Logan and I'm planning on getting a Chihuahua very soon. I used to have very negative misconceptions of the breed (they're all yappy/mean) until about a year and a half ago when I was living abroad, and met a wonderful chi named Sim. She had traveled all the way from Seattle to Berlin with her owner. Her owner had socialized her very well as a puppy, and as a result, Sim absolutely loved everybody she came in contact with. She was loveable, playful, and an absolute riot.

I've since been doing a lot of research, and have decided that a chihuahua would probably be the best dog for me. I grew up with a toy poodle and two Shi tzus (my parents still have the Shi tzus), and though I love Shi tzus, I think a Chihuahua would be a better match considering that I live in an apartment.

My one concern is that my girlfriend and I (we live together) both work from 9 to 5. I'm worried about having to leave a puppy alone while we're at work. My girlfriend could conceivably bring the pup to work with her, but that's not definite. I might be able to do the same, but my office is a little more strict. Do many people here have chi's and work full time? I'm not going to get a Chihuahua if it would be bad for the dog, but I really do want to get a dog. Any advice would be appreciated.

You've got a great website here & I'm glad I found it!

Logan

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
My husband and I work full-time and Bosco did just fine while we were gone. Eventually we got Lola to keep him company but he definitely didn't need her. We have a web-cam on them during the day so I know that before we got Lola he just snoozed and now that he has a playmate, he still just snoozes while we are gone (and so does she).

Good luck finding a Chi and WELCOME! :wave:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Hello & welcome I think many of the people here work full time and have chi's I am sure they will be happy to pass along info. :wave:

·
Registered
132 Posts
hi and welcome

YESSSS, :D It's quite possible to have a chi and work full time. I think mine spends their time in my bed all day long anyway, but they're just sooo cute that if they wanna sleep all day who could blame them? Mostly I just wanted to say WELCOME!!! :wave: WELCOME!!! :wave: WELCOME!!!

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Hello and Welcome :hello2:

Why not get 2? They can keep each other company while you are at work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the supportive comments. I would love to get two, but I don't think it's in the budget. Maybe sometime in the future though.

I'm glad that it seems possible to work and have a chi. I still think that while it's very young we'll try to bring it to work sometimes.

Now, does anyone know a good breeder in the DC area?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts