Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hello1:hi everyone i am delighted tobe here as i am a proud owner of a teacup Chihuahua her name is honey she is just over a year old due to unforseen circumstances her previous mummy could no longer keep her she is so sweet very shy at the moment she has stayed in her crate since we got home today and very reluctant to come out is this normal for a Chihuahua todo this as i would want her tobe happy :(

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Welcome to CP,it's all very strange for her so take it easy with her and let her come out on her own,maybe tempt her with a treat ? give her a cuddly toy to snuggle up too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

;)hi everyone thank you for the warm welcome and the advice i put a cuddly toy in with honey last night didnt hear a peep out of her all night she got up this morning went out in the garden to go toilet and have a good look round still a little shy and worried but comming out of her bed a little bit more today so far she has eaten a little and had some water she is such a little darling

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine didn't eat or drink water for the fist day and ahlaf. I had to force feed and water him and give him Nutri Cal. Though, as soon as I got a treat out for him, he was all trotting around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
newbie needs vet

:(hi thank you for the reply i have had a chance to have a good look and my little one today and looked into her mouth and have noticed one of her back teeth is very wobbly and she has a slight odour comming from her mouth i have booked in to my vets to get her checked out as i only got her yesturday i wanted her to settle in first but i feel i need todo this asap so we are booked in for tomorrow wish me luck :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello and welcome! I'm also new here and live in Suffolk! Whereabouts in Norfolk do you live?

Hope the dental checkup goes well tomorrow. My 6 year old boy had to have 6 teeth extracted last year as they were loose. Apparently this is fairly normal for chihuahuas, they can be prone to dental problems. My boy had bad teeth as a result of a poor diet in his previous homes (he was sadly moved around a lot and mistreated :( ) When I adopted him he was on Bakers, and had the worst breath in history. I put him on Royal Canin Sensible but he didn't like it so now he's on James Wellbeloved and he scoffs it down a treat.

Enjoy being a chihuahua mommy - it's wonderful.

Pics of Honey please :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi i live not far from diss went to the vets honey has to go in to morrow and have her tooth taken out they gave her a good check up today every thing is ok they also gave her a pain killer injection as she is in a little discomfort i have contacted the previous ower as they said she was in very good health but i dont think her teeth have been looked after but i dont think i will get any joy from them going by the condition the house was in any way honey will get her tooth done tomorrow and iam sure she will feel more comfortable honey is all so on royal cain she seems ok with it just finding it a little hard at the moment to eat .........i will put some pics on when she feeling better

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Maybe you can give her a little high quality canned food until she gets that tooth pulled and she recovers.
Oh, and welcome!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi thank you for that i added some water to her feed and made it nice and soft for her she is going in first thing in the morning i am just a little un happy with the previous owner as she was sold to me all in good health i have tryed to contact the previous owner but not had any reply from her

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds dodgy to me - like my boys 2nd owner, when she found out I had him and had neutered him she started having a go at his 3rd owner (!!!- the one I got Buddy from, a nice family) for letting me have him and not giving him back to her - she had used him as stud and neglected him so bad. I quickly microchipped Buddy to prove he was mine. Would never in a million years time let him go back to that place!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bambozzle so were in suffolk are you from? thank you for the reply honey is back now from the vets they took 6 baby teeth out as they were loose and over crounding her mouth they also took out the bad one as well and gave her a good check all is ok now she has a clean bill of health got honey home she cuddled right into my neck and stayed there for a couple of hours having a nice sleep so sweet bless her still not herd any thing from the other owner but iam just goig to forget about her my concerns is my little honey oh yes honeys new princess house came today she is not sure about it lol but iam sure she will love it x

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hello...she's just getting accustomed to the surroundings..soon she'll be settled in...pssst...teacups are for tea not describing chihuahuas...;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry gingersmom for saying teacup it seems a lot of people use the word teacup to descibe the smallness of the Chihuahua even breeders use the word teacup sorry if i have effended you

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
sorry gingersmom for saying teacup it seems a lot of people use the word teacup to descibe the smallness of the Chihuahua even breeders use the word teacup sorry if i have effended you
Didn't offend, just alot of wrong people including breeders..;)....LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hi well i am not a breeder and dont intend to breed from my little one like you say there is a lot of wrong breeders out there who are just in it for the money x

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hi can any one help me i am looking at knitting some little jumpers for honey i am only a beginner and can do knit and peal so just looking at a really easy pattern to follow can you help plzzzzz

1 - 19 of 19 Posts