Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a link to this community on a Live Journal and thought Id come check it out.

I am a 28 year old High Femme from NYC and have 1 dog, Georgie (The Wonder Wowie) who is all fabulosity. She enjoys wearing fab clothing (especially tutus), playing with her toys, running around the house and being a good girl (my girl NEVER barks) - here are some pics of her.

Looking forward to meeting new people here!

~Alisha & Georgie

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Hi Alisha and Georgie and welcome! :wave: I'm Gypsy and my chis are Deedlit and Cosette, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. ;)

Georgie is absolutely adorable! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
~Jessie~ said:
Welcome to the forum:D Your baby is adorable!

What is a "high femme," by the way?
Thanks for the welcome!

High Femme is another way I identify myself. Im a Queer woman, I am Femme (meaning, I appear very feminine) but High Femme is a different 'level' of being feminine. Some like to call it High Maintenance, but I tend to think that has a negative connotation to it (while I am High Maintenance, I provide for myself in all ways) -

Example of why I id as High Femme: I wear stilettos everyday (hence the screenname) - yes, even to do laundry and go grocery shopping. While I dont need much makeup, Im addicted to Mac - I do alot of regular maintenance (I love that kind of stuff) and its not all about appearance (though Im just trying to give easy examples) - I require more from a partner because I have higher standards BUT I also bring what I expect to the table and so on.

I could go on and on and on about it, but I think you get the jist, no?

;)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Alisha_Stiletto said:
Thanks for the welcome!

High Femme is another way I identify myself. Im a Queer woman, I am Femme (meaning, I appear very feminine) but High Femme is a different 'level' of being feminine. Some like to call it High Maintenance, but I tend to think that has a negative connotation to it (while I am High Maintenance, I provide for myself in all ways) -

Example of why I id as High Femme: I wear stilettos everyday (hence the screenname) - yes, even to do laundry and go grocery shopping. While I dont need much makeup, Im addicted to Mac - I do alot of regular maintenance (I love that kind of stuff) and its not all about appearance (though Im just trying to give easy examples) - I require more from a partner because I have higher standards BUT I also bring what I expect to the table and so on.

I could go on and on and on about it, but I think you get the jist, no?

;)
Welcome to the forums :) Georgie is adorable :) Thanks for explaining "high femme". I'd never heard that term before. It's interesting, since there are people from all over the world here to see some of the things phrases they use and things like that :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts