Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm new here and I have owned my baby Rambo for just over 2 months now. He was 5 months old when I got him. Iv joined this site as I am at a loss as to what to do next with him. My name is Karina. Gonna have a look round now but first any chance of some advice? Im having a couple of problems with him and would like to work out where im going wrong. Rambo hates being on the lead and will not go out for walks so I'm therefore still trying to potty train him. He does well with the puppy training mats but then seems to have a tendency to run upstairs to poo. ( never on the mats need I add) I have tried to ignore him when he does this and not react but I don't seem to be getting anywhere :foxes15:. Any ideas what I can do to at least get him to do all his business in the one place?
My other problem is he sometimes doesn't eat for a couple of days and it worries me is this normal? :confused:
Looking forward to having a look around the site and meeting you.
:hello1::hello1::hello1:

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Welcome ,i would try and get him used to the lead maybe try indoors first take his mind off it with treats and make it fun.Not eating for a few days would worry me,have you had him checked by the vet ?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
with the leash, I would put it on him for 5min at a time when your at home, let him walk around the house with it attached so he can get used to it (supervise this)
The not eating for a few days would be a huge concern to me. What are you feeding him?

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
What are you feeding him? All dogs need to learn how to walk on a lead--it doesn't come naturally. He doesn't understand. Every time you are going to take him for a walk, act all excited and ask him--"Do you want to go for a walk?" showing him the lead. He'll associate a fun walk with having to use the lead. Be patient. He is confused if you are letting him do his business in the house then taking him outside. I wouldn't ignore when he poops upstairs, as my 5 year old chi still does this once & a while because she don't like going outside when it's cold and/or wet. I look at her & say in a firm voice--"What's this, who did this? Bad girl, you know better!" You can tell by her actions that she knows she wasn't supposed to go in the house. The trick is, about 15 minutes after you feed your chi, he most likely has to go potty and you should take him outside to give him the chance before he runs & hides in the house to do it.

Is he not eating NOTHING for a couple of days or are you giving treats, table scraps or anything?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts