Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FIXED PICTURE! Newbie! Pictures of my tiny girl :)

Her name is Ousi (said like Aussie...) She's almost 5! I've had her since she was about 8 weeks. Love her like crazy :) I'm pretty sure she is pure bred, but would love feedback! When I bought her the breeder said we didn't pay enough, so we couldn't get papers to register her. :foxes15: But, that's not a big deal as I never* plan on breeding her anyways... She was the runt of her litter, for sure. She is full grown now and weighs in at 4lb 6oz :) She is still a petite little thing, but what she lacks in size she more than makes up for in attitude! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, on the way home from picking her up I was trying to think of a name for her. She was sitting on my lap and I had my hands on my lap as well. She decided to borrow her head up the sleeve of my long sleeved shirt because (I think) she was nervous. The way she did it kind of reminded me of an Ostrich burying their head in the sand. haha :) I told my husband "Aw, she looks like an Ostrich! Hey...Ostrich....Ousi! Yea Ousi!" haha. We call her Ousi Cosi :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Really unique name, I love it. I've only been on here about a month and it's a fantastic group of people and I have learned so much so welcome!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Well, on the way home from picking her up I was trying to think of a name for her. She was sitting on my lap and I had my hands on my lap as well. She decided to borrow her head up the sleeve of my long sleeved shirt because (I think) she was nervous. The way she did it kind of reminded me of an Ostrich burying their head in the sand. haha :) I told my husband "Aw, she looks like an Ostrich! Hey...Ostrich....Ousi! Yea Ousi!" haha. We call her Ousi Cosi :)
Well, I'll be darned, what a great story, it certainly gave me a chuckle.

I dont know where that saying came from though, the Ostrich doesn't really stick its head in the sand and it's actually native to Africa.

Over here we have the Emu, that's the Aussie native bird which is, of course, very similar to the Ostrich but not nearly as nice - actually they're both downright evil at times :p)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:) thank you! i had never heard it either- so it works for me. I hope I learn a good bit, too! I love seeing pictures of all of the cute "bitty's" :) haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts