Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all My chi Angel is a 4lb black and tan beautiful girl she is 14 months old and we couldn't ask for a better pet she really is a good girl. We love her soooo much and are expecting our new chi as soon as he is ready to come home about Valentines day he will be about 10 weeks when we get him. We will be driving 4 hrs to get him. Do I bring Angel with us? We'd love to but is that too much for both of them? How should I transition him into Angel's world without major problems. Obviously I realize they can't be alone together initially. When we first got angel we put her in an infant play pen when she was itty bitty so we didn't have to worry about her and she could have a little peace from my human babies a 91/2 yr old and 71/2 yr old. They are wonderful with her and now sleeps with us in our sleep number bed. She has the life. Please help me make this exciting transition. The one pic is an old one of angel and the news paper pic is of our new baby

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
She is really cute.
As for getting the new pup, I personally wouldn't bring Angel. It is very scary for a little pup to leave the 1 place it knows and I would think you wouldn't want to stress it that soon. I would take the car drive to get to know the new chi. That's just my opinion though :wave:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kindof thought so too but I just need input...What about litter boxes and food dishes now and in the future??????????????????? tell me tell me what to do to prepare

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I can only speak about works for me and my 2 dogs. :)

Litter training- I don't do. But lots of others here do so I'm sure they can help you out on that 1.

Food and bowls- I have 2 bowls and when I feed them they are right next to each other. When I 1st brought home Kismet (shih tzu in my siggy) I would sit and watch them eat and see how they reacted to each other, made sure niether got aggressive and that they both eat.

Are you going to crate train the new puppy?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Being that I am an at home mom I didnt have to do that with angel
Every couple of hours or after she ate or drank I would take her to the litter box and tell her to go potty or Poo and she would go. We got her at 6weeks and was trained at 9weeks.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
:wave: Hello and welcome. Angel is so cute.
I have 2 chis: Pablo will be 2 in April, and trixie is 6 months.
I brought Pablo with me when I picked up Trixie. Pablo went into the breeders house with me and played around with the puppies for a little while. (He was probably surprised when we brought one back to the van with us, lol). My 17 y.o. daughter took turns holding each dog now and then on the way home, and there wasn't a problem. (otherwise they were contained in their travel crates). Since our trip took 5 hours each way, we spent the night when we reached our destination (at a pet friendly hotel). Then picked Trixie up in the morning. I hate driving 10 hours at a time.
From the beginning they each had their own litter box, their own crate, and their own food bowl (they share water bowl). I put Pablo's food up on a chair that Trixie can't reach, otherwise she would finish her food as fast as she could, then try to scarf his down too, lol.(Pablo is a very slow eater)

I think your idea about the infant play pen is a good one. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I think you should do what makes you feel best. The idea of taking the first dog with you and taking her into the breeders house so they can meet eachother there would be good... good luck.... :) :wave:

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Hello and welcome! Your Angel is so cute! I can't see the other pic though. :? Let us know how everything goes! :wave:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome

Any Advice on how to make the transition for Angel and ??????? the easiest for them I need all the help I can get Angel is a perfect angel and I pray this doesn't ruin it for her..... :? :? I cant get little bits picture up :(

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
When I got Buster, the white chi, I just brought him to my house. They say it's easier if you let them meet in a neutral area but my 2 (eventhough they are both boys) hit it off from the beginning. Buster came right in and they were buddies.

I think the puppy will adjust just fine but Angel is going to have to get used to having another dog in the house. She won't be the only one now and she might not like it at first but she'll get used to it. I'd say leave her at home when you go get the puppy. That would be a good idea to bring her along to see if she likes the puppy but just like kids, they don't always like their new baby brother or sis and eventually they warm up to them. :) You might not ever get a puppy if you waited to find one Angel likes.

As for litter, if that's what you are using now for Angel, I would say to continue to use it. I think puppies learn easier if they have another dog around to watch.

Just remember, it is going to be a big adjustment, stressful at times but it will all work out and everything will be fine! :)

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Hi there and welcome! Angel really is adorable..I hope it goes well for you, let us know what happens...great that you found us here :wave: :D

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
My new Chi Baby.

Hi! I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself and my new baby, "Princess Mia". I have tried to attach a pic of her but it says that it's too large. I don't know howto make it smaller. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Our new baby

We are going to go see our baby boy in kansas this weekend. The breeder says she won't probably let him go till 10 weeks.. He will be 8 weeks on monday. I hate that we aren't getting to bond with him for sooo long. I told her Im a stay at home mom who's a Degreed RN with a family vet that lives 3 blocks from our home.......I want to bring him home. We got angel at 6weeks. I hate missing out on his baby phase. She is just being careful I know and is being wonderful about sending us pictures all the time

1 - 19 of 19 Posts