Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone!! i'm new & still in search for my perfect chi....
i've been thinking of quitting my job and opening up a chi cafe selling doggie biscuit and stuff......so that i could be with my chi all the time and doing something i really enjoy( baking).
have been looking for a long coat chi for mths, but worry that once finally got one, can't take good care of him b/c i live by myself, working full time...thinking about doggie day care,
but most importantly, i know i'd be so attached to my chi that i couldn't stand a minute being apart from him.
anybody is experiencing this already?
so i'm secretly planning to be my own boss.... having a cafe (w/ my chi as PR :lol: ),baking for doggie friends, meeting different dog lovers... :D
just wondering if anybody is running a business that let you to be w/ yr chi all the time?

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
sounds like a great plan !!! i'm jealous ....i would like to spend every minute with my chi's ......but i work fulltime :cry:
i hope you can archieve your dream !!! :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the same problem!
I hate the idea of going to work and leaving my Chi at home so I have been interviewing dog sitters so he doesn't spend more than a few hours home alone. There's lots of people around who would love to have a dog but can't afford one etc so there are loads of people willing to do it because they love dogs.

Also, some nice people have offered to play with him sometimes when I'm out so he doesn't get lonely.
I hate going away for the weekend and leaving him at my Moms because I miss him so much!! Even though I know he likes it there because he can chase my sisters rabbit around the garden and it is good for him to spend time with other people....

Good luck! Hope your plan works out.

Helen and Jackie

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Welcome :wave: I hope your plans work out for you. I know how you feel. I am retired, and am normally home almost all the time with my Jasmine. But I've been working temporarily for the past month, and will probably be working another month or so. The extra money is nice, but I surely do miss being with my furbaby all day. I must say though, she has adapted amazingly well. Much better than Mom actually! :lol:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I hope you can make your dream come true.

I have to work full time but I hated leaving Lily alone all day, not to mention the fact that I wanted her to be around other dogs and to get plenty of exercise. I was lucky to find a great doggy daycare nearby. It's affordable (compared to most), they adore Lily and she loves going there. It just means I have to budget my money and deny myself most luxuries. Of course she's worth it. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks all for sharing.
it's almost impossible to get someone here to look after a pup for free. people here are always busy. thare is a day care center around, charging US$10/day. i might take that once i got my chi and before quit my job.
just so envious of those retired, i want so much to be with my chi all day and teach him tricks etc, it's fulfilling to see yr chi learn something everyday.
have to save up a lot $$ before quitting my job, as i don't think i could make profit out of my cafe biz, just want to do something i really enjoy, someting to do with my chi....
pls share it if you got any dog-related business idea...

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
!!!

I'de join ya ;) I love to bake cakes, and love to hang out with my three chi babies. Who are currently chewing up paper all over the floor -_-; I need to tackle them now. lol

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Well we own a small business so mine goes to work with me everyday. Actually he would be much happier if we got to stay home, it's a fight to get him in his carrier on Mondays, by Tuesday he's resigned to the fact we have to. Truthfully I agree with him, can't wait till I can retire.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Hello :wave: and Welcome :hello2: . Great business idea. I hope your dream comes true. I am lucky enough to bring my girls to work with me everyday. I manage one of my families formal wear business so I can bring them to work with my which I love. We take a break a couple times a day and play at the pond thats in the shopping center. :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
We all have dreams and yours is a good one. Dont let working full time deter you from having the chi of your dreams most people work and have pets. My sis works full time and has 6 chi's so you can do it. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts