Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am new to the site, I don't have a Chihuahua, however I am looking into getting one. I currently have a 6 month old puppy that is cocker spaniel X boston terrier. He won't be over 20lbs and I think a chihuahua would be a great addition. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if chihuahuas easily get along with other dogs. I plan on getting a Chihuahua as a puppy because I think that this would make it easier for both dogs to become "okay" with one another. Any tips on Chihuahuas with other dogs would be great!

Thanksss

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I suppose it depends on the dogs personality,i have 1 sheltie (14) 1 chihuahua 3 years and the other chihuahua is 7 months,i have had no trouble at all with all 3 of them

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Hello and welcome to the group! We have several chis as well as a pug, a yorkie, and 3 cross breed rescues.. and they all do well together.. I have found chis to be a "clannish" breed who enjoy being with their own kind, but mine also bonded with the others since they were brought into the pack at a young age. I'm sure your guys will be alot of company to each other and think pups enjoy having a playmate.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

It depends on the individual personality of each Chi. I know of some Chihuahuas that love other dogs, despite what breed. But also Chis that only like other Chis and some who dont really like other dogs (Rocky doesnt like other dogs due to bad experience :( )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts