Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new here and am so relieved to have found this group! I have always had large dogs. About 4 months ago we had to have Mason our Australian shepherd put to sleep. He was in terrible agony. He had bladder cancer. I had always joked that he was the longest successful relationship I had with a male. I am so heartbroken and miss him every day. His bed is still in the corner of my bedroom.
About a month ago while lying in bed, missing Mason, I was looking at pictures on the internet of dogs and just by chance found an ad on Facebook. It was the cutest puppy! I read the ad and realised they were only about half an hour away. I bookmarked the ad then called the next day. Zander was the last of the litter. Deposits had been placed on the rest. I went to meet him and fell in love. He was 6 weeks old and the tiniest puppy I had ever saw. I put a deposit down and spent the longest 2 weeks of my life waiting to bring him home. It has been 2 weeks that he has been here. From day one I knew it was the right decision to make him a part of the family. He has brought so much happiness to my broken heart.
I'm sure this group will help as I've been reading through some of the things already posted that answered questions I've had.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry about your loss. You will find many dog lovers on here that can relate
to your grief. My Pom passed away a year ago, I still miss her dearly. This is a
very kind bunch of people here. Lots of good advice and laughs. I hope you
enjoy your stay. Congrats on your new addition. Love the name Zander. :)
Can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss. I understand I lost a schnauzer mix last year, and got Cricket a few months later because I couldn't handle not having one around anymore. You will really love it. He will love on you and kiss on you, and maybe sleep in your lap. He won't ever take the place of your beloved Mason, but he will help to ease the loss. Welcome to CP! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!

Thank you all for welcoming me into the group. I will post some pictures soon. I need to resize one for my avatar.
I never thought that I could be happy with a little dog, but Zander is so sweet and he makes me laugh everyday. How can so much love be packed into 2 pounds!? :love5:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am brand new here this morning too, and have an 8 week old puppy - also my first ever Chi as I am used to big dogs. Great to see I'm not alone in being a bit 'green'.
Sorry to hear about your loss - its heart breaking isn't it? However just remember all the best times you had and it makes the pain worth while - its why we do it!

Carol-Anne

·
Registered
163 Posts
welcome to cp. im new here as well. i dont have a chi yet but im waiting to get my baby boy and should be getting him in a month. im sorry to hear bout your loss but now you get to make more memeories with the new adition you have added to your family. im very excited for you on your new baby and cant wait to get mine. its like the longest 4weeks for me right now to get him but hopefully will go see him soon befor he comes home :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.