Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im new here. everyone calls me bea. im a single mother of a 1year old little girl who is everything to me and such a good baby. i found this sight looking at chihuahua stuff and its great. i've seen some photo's of other members dogs/puppies and there just sooo adorable. i was going to get a baby chi before but the breeders ended up giving are pup away :( but i have came to decide on adopting a older chi and im on the search for one, so wish us luck on finding out pretiouse baby and bringing he/she home :) if anyone has any advise please feel free to give any advice you can.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Welcome! I hope you find the perfect Chi for you and your daughter. I applaud your decision to rescue. I would suggest you look for a larger Chi, maybe in the 6-10 pound range, because you have a young child in the home. The little ones are very fragile and are often nervous around children.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Welcome Bea. :)
There is definitely plenty to learn here, and the members are very kind,
I think you'll like it here. Where are you planning on getting your Chi from?

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Yeah, Petfinder is the best resource to find a rescue in the US. Most reputable rescues submit to the database. You can search by breed, age, sex, and more. Just put in your zip code and search away!

I hope you find your new doggie soon!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thinks everyone for the warm welcome. I already love it here. Everyone is very kind. I am actually meeting a lady in the morning about a year an half female chi. She is all tan, very pretty. They alsi recued her an she was pregnant an was bout to be put down so they mainly got her so her an her pups would have a chance which is great. Pups all found good homes. Now its time for her. So were going to see. She seems like a great dog, an i hope everything works out for the best

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
It's very honorable of you to consider a mama dog in need of a home, most folks
want puppies. I hope you guys click and it all works out. Good luck Bea! Let us
know how it turns out. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank her name is Sophie which is very pretty. I really dont care if i get a baby chi or not just as long as he/she is comfortable in our home and with us and there isn't any problems and is good with my daughter. That's what matters most. Im very excited to meet her an hope everything goes good aswell an hopefuly we can bring her home tomorrow if everything goes good and see how she does :)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
You are absolutely right about that!

Not to mention a year and a half old dog is super young.
I just recently rescued Bella, also a year and a half old.

I hope you find just the right dog for you, if this one is not it, do not worry,
sometimes it takes a little while to find the best fit. You have to do what is
in the best interest of you, your girl and the dog. Just make sure to keep us
posted on whatever happens! :)

Would this be your first dog? Only pet?

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Thank her name is Sophie which is very pretty. I really dont care if i get a baby chi or not just as long as he/she is comfortable in our home and with us and there isn't any problems and is good with my daughter. That's what matters most. Im very excited to meet her an hope everything goes good aswell an hopefuly we can bring her home tomorrow if everything goes good and see how she does :)
Aw that sounds great! Please let us know how it goes with Sophie. I hope it works out, but if it doesn't just keep faith that the perfect dog is out there. You are doing a great thing rescuing!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks you guys. I will for sure keep you updated. I hope she is a perfect fit aswell. And this wont be my first pet but will be my first chi. We also have two other family dogs but we have a male rott that's my parents an my okder bro has a female lab mix that's very sweet, but now i feel its time for me an my lil girl to have a pup of our own. I have also came down with a case of pd (post pardom depression)) you get when you have kids but can happen years later aswell which has happened to me so that's also why i wanted to adopt a chi for us to tru an help me aswell. Chi's are amazing and i hear they can help with alot of thing adwell. But im very excited an cant wait for the right chi to come along

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well good news :) we went and seen Sophie. She just jumped in my arms an started licking me an my daughter. She is very sweet...and...now she is here at home with us : D. She is very sweet. Took her outside an she went an i gave her a bath but the first time she jumped out lol. She is starting to adapt to the other dogs but barked at them at first. An was shaking an wining a little bit but i got her to lay down with me after putting my daughter down for her nap and she stopped. And now she is snuggled up to my legs under the covers lol. Still shacks a little bit but i expected that since our home is very new to her. She eat just a little bit a lil while ago, hasn't drank any water yet. But so far so good and she is just the sweetest little dog ever. She is tinyer than i thought she'd be but its even cuter :) she is doing very good so far though. Ill try an put some pics of her in my album in a little while

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.