Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to have a new puppy around if you have a nightshift job? I work 4 nights a week and it's 2 different schedules for instance, one week this is how it is:

Sun-Off
Mon-Off
Tues-work
Wed-work
Thurs-Off
Fri-work
Sat-work

and the next week it is this:
sun-work
mon-off
tues-work
wed-off
thurs-off
fri-work
sat-work

My girls didn't become "my girls" until they were each around 6 months of age so although I would watch them from time to time when they were tiny little puppies, I never had to fully deal with them.

I'm hoping to get a third girl within the next year and I just really want to be fully prepared because when I think about, I've never been responsible for a dog from when it was a puppy to adulthood. :eek:

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was actually thinking of doing that! My employer calls to checkup way more than he physically comes, and there is an apartment where his mom lives here on the property but she doesn't come into the office at night. I don't see my manager having a major problem with it, and it would just be temporary.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I used to be a night clerk in a Hollywood Video before it went bankrupt so I was working 4-1 every night while Gretel was a wee one, she would stay with me until 11 when my OH could pick her up. My boss loved it and encouraged it so I just penned her off behind the counter with me.

Overall it was fantastic experience for her socially. She doesn't bark at people when we're greeted on walks, or when we go to the store etc. Whereas Godric didn't get the exposure when he was a baby so he's very shy upon meeting.

The most important thing - make sure she can't get stepped on, that was my biggest problem having her at my feet whenever another person was working with me, assuming they would watch where they were going.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
if you can take the pup I would especially if you can get away with it ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts