Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I let Josie sleep in the bed with me for the first time last night. I had a bit of a scare earlier that evening when she accidentally fell off of the couch (a fall of about 18 inches, but she was fine). While she slept, she was making some odd noises. I'd never heard her make noises like these, but then again, I've never really had my head that close to hers when she's asleep. It's hard to describe what they sounded like, but it was kind of like a murmur or a moan and noises that sounded kind of like she was digesting. She woke me up twice during the night to use the potty, but then slept very well (until about 10:30 this morning, lol).

So, I was just wondering, are these noises normal?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Cooper would kill me for saying this but he sounds like a buffalo in heat when he's sleeping. He makes gurgling noises, whining, heavy breathing, gurgle gurgle gurgle... it's like laying with a sound effects machine.

Just wait until Josie's ... umm ... releases of gas from her lower regions start to really stink. I wouldn't sleep with your face that close if I were you.

Sweet dreams!! :D

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
jamoka- he whimpers in his sleep
and jemini she still makes a sucking sound , like she's sucking on her tongue. it's so cute :wink:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Gizmo moans, lets out mini barks that sound like a tiny "ruff"....lol...he also twitches, swims (moves his legs and arms like he is paddling) sucks on his tongue...I love that noise...it's like a baby sucking on a pacifier..hehehe... :D

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Please dont worry...the first time Poppy slept with us she kept us awake with her snoring and gurgling and she also sucks her tongue...its normal! :D

·
Registered
587 Posts
so THATS what that sound is... sucking their tongues! Its like a clicking sound right? I always wondered what that was.... lol

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
oh it is the most precious sight and sound ever! when chiwi is sound asleep you can see her mouth making sucking motions and you can hear it sounding like she is still nursing from her mom. she also makes oooff oooff oooff noises while her eyes twitch (REM sleep) her paws move and her legs go. one of the first memories i have of soaking up all sorts of animal information was about their sleeping. they won't go into a deep sound sleep unless they fully trust their environment. so when your baby goes into this kind of sleep around you take that as a huge compliment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts