Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so...... for the past week zoey has been waking us up about 3x a night with whining and hitting the side of her crate with her paw. we take her out to her potty pad to see if she has to pee. sometimes she doesn't have to pee. she just stands there and looks at whoever took her out. a couple of times she has acted afraid -- tail between legs, cowering, cautious. :shock: do puppies have nightmares? it seems like sometimes something spooks her during the night and that's why she wakes up and cries for us. if we open the crate door, she hops out and runs toward me, then lays down next to me. it's odd because she was doing SO WELL up until a week ago!!! she was sleeping through the entire night and didnt cry once! any ideas? the only thing that is different is that her snuggle puppy's (stuffed dog w/ "real" heartbeat) batteries died. we finally found replacements today. help? :sad3:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Maybe now that you have new batteries for Zoey's Snuggle Puppy, your problems will be resolved. If not, try covering her crate with a blanket. It may help her feel more secure. :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah we definitely will put the batteries in and see if that helps. we do cover her crate w/ a blanket -- that doesn't seem to make any difference!

i'll post tomorrow and say if there is any improvement w/ the fully charged snuggle puppy! :wave:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
That snugglepuppy thing sounds cool! I've never heard of that before...

Puppies can have nightmares but I don't know if that is the problem...I bet tonight with the snugglepuppy she will be fine. Let us know!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, i don't think that the snuggle pup was what she was missing. we put her to bed around midnight last night (she won't go to sleep unless we are going to sleep too.. what a booger) she whined for a bit then fell asleep. around 630 she started whining and hitting the side of her crate. we took her out to her potty pad and she went. but then she hopped up on the couch and tried to lay down. we put her back in her crate but she was not happy with that. she sat there staring at us whining and crying and hitting the side of her crate for about 35-40 minutes. FINALLY she went to sleep. but woke up again about an hour and a half later and began whining and crying again.

i am at a loss for WHY she is doing this. she was PERFECT for a while there--she slept until i woke her up and took her out of her crate. we have tried everything. and nothing has changed since then (except the snuggle pup) the crate is in the bedroom, covered with a blanket, with the snuggle pup and it's beating heart! ps-- you can search for "snuggle puppy" on google and you should be able to find it if you want to buy one! they are GREAT!

grr, any ideas? :cry:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i forgot to say that while some might ask why we don't just wake up earlier and be with her..... that won't work! she doesn't want to stay awake when we take her out. usually she will just hop up on one of our laps and fall back asleep! :evil1: <------zoey! haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts