Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any Nina Ottosson toys for their Chi's? I've been wanting to get Alfie a problem solving game like this as I think he would enjoy it but not sure what to get. I've been looking at Nine Ottosson's 'Dog Brick' interactive toy, which is on offer at Amazon at the mo. All her toys say they are suitable for any age or size of dog, but is that really the case? Can a Chihuahua manage to use these toys ok? All the pictures seem to be of Border Collies and large Jack Russels.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
You know, I have really been wanting to get one too but I was not sure either.
But I have read a review about it a while ago from one of my friends Nikki
This is the review
It also shows how Manny (her little boy) finds the treats from the brick game
www.ObsessiveChihuahuaDisorder.com: Product Review: Nina Ottosson Dog Brick Interactive Toy

She has also done a review on the Dog Turbo toy too.
I think it a bit more complicated though but manny is a very smart chi
www.ObsessiveChihuahuaDisorder.com: Product Review: Nina Ottosson Dog Turbo Interactive Toy

If you did decide to get one let me know if Alfie liked it :)

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
I bought Chico the "dog brick'... he figured it out in about 2 seconds...
Safe Dog Toys - Best Bully Sticks Nina Ottosson Dog Activity Toys

he loves playing with the game but he is on a diet now so I can't put treats in it....I think the brick is way too easy for them.... i heard the 'turbo' and 'tornado' are very entertaining and not too easy.... you'll be amazed how fast they figure it out once you show them a couple of times....

·
Registered
342 Posts
I agree, macy and jordan love the toys, we have dog magic and the dog spinny one, they got the hang of them quick, and now i'm looking for the harder ones

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh fab! Now I know that Chi's can use these ok I'll definitely buy. Amazon are selling the Dog Brick for £13.21 with free postage and the Dog Magic for £9.78 with free postage. Considering alot of sites sell these for about £30 each I think that's a bargain so have ordered both for Alfie's birthday.

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
Oh fab! Now I know that Chi's can use these ok I'll definitely buy. Amazon are selling the Dog Brick for £13.21 with free postage and the Dog Magic for £9.78 with free postage. Considering alot of sites sell these for about £30 each I think that's a bargain so have ordered both for Alfie's birthday.
i think the difference in prices is that some are wooden and some are plastic....i think the wooden ones have more weight to them and might say upright better.... i could be wrong though...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think the difference in prices is that some are wooden and some are plastic....i think the wooden ones have more weight to them and might say upright better.... i could be wrong though...
The wooden ones are definitely pricier, but some sites are still selling the plastic ones at about £25 -£30 (Amazon quotes RRP at £26 for the Dog Brick).

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to report back, both Nina Ottosson games arrived yesterday. We've started with the Dog Magic as it's rated as easier and will save the Dog Brick for his birthday at the end of the month.

Alfie loves it! It took him a few goes to work it out, and I think it's more challenging for such a small dog as they can't pick the moveable pieces up in their mouths like bigger dogs can, but once he got the hang of it he was well away. His tail is wagging away the whole time he's using it and he can now find and retrieve 4 treats within about 5 minutes (I'm sure he'll get faster with practice).

So a big thumbs up from us so far.

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
glad to hear alfie loves the games... Chico found the brick pretty easy.... I want to get another one but got to wait until his weight goes down...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does Chico like anything less fattening that you could perhaps use? I discovered recenty that Alfie goes crazy for raw carrot lol.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Those look awesome! I hadnt heard of them but Id like to try them for my guys, I bet theyd love them. Any kind of hide the treats game goes over very well here. We do "hide and seek" too, one of us shows the pups a treat and then goes and hides while the other holds them, then let them go to search. Once they find us, they get the treats! Its hilarious to watch them play, Reese will get up on things like our bed or the back of the couch so he can survey the room and try to find us. Im sure chis would be smart enough to get those games too.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Rosie can you get some pics or a video of Alfie doing it? Id love to see :)
Also please update us on which game he likes best, at those prices I think we will just be getting the one!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rosie can you get some pics or a video of Alfie doing it? Id love to see :)
Also please update us on which game he likes best, at those prices I think we will just be getting the one!
Ooh ok, I'll see if I can get a video of him doing it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've posted a video in the Pictures board as wasn't sure if I should put it in here. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes I thought the bones might be too hard to turn over as Chi's mouths are too small to pick them up with, but they're just hard enough to make it a bit of a challenge but not hard enough that he loses interest.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts