Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;) I remember reading a while ago about the good games for DS. I got one for xmas and I want to buy some games for it. :D I'm looking for recommendations and if you have it ...what do you think about Harvest Moon? (I think that's the name) :D

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I don't do video games but demon cherub number one (oldest son) got one for the cherub princess (baby girl) and our Christmas is coming up on January 13th. I'll be anxiously awaiting game recommendations.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I got one for Christmas with Nintendogs Chihuahua, Dr Kawashima's Brain Training and Bust a Move. The kids got one each and the oldest got a PSP and hubby got a Xbox 360

Kids tell me SuperMario is good, but I love Bust a Move and Nintendogs Chihuahua, just in the process of training " Lady " to sit, roll over and come to her name!!!

Sinead x

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
I am currently playing Yoshi's Island and it's soo good! I also play Mario Kart with my brother and my boyfriend.. it's a wireless game and only one of us need the actual game to play. My boyfriend is playing a game called Trama Center under the knife that he's addicted to. You play a Dr. and they give you surgeries to do. You use the stylis and touch screen to do stiches, remove masses, and clean the wounds etc. It get's harder andharder as you go. I LOVE my DS :)

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
when i had my ds i played yoshi touch & go a lot :D

harvest moon is the farming rpg...i think it's okay but i liked animal crossing better.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
i love

Nintendogs Chihuahua
Mario Kart
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Brothers

i love mario games, i might branch out sometime and get some different games

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I am playing Yoshi's Island currently and think it is loads of fun.

I love my cheese, I am stuck on level 8-3. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Games I have:

Yoshi's Island --> haven't played it a whole lot yet but it is really fun. If you like Mario games you'd like this one, they are almost the exact same. Same game play, story is similar, etc.

Children of Mana --> Not very far in this one at all either but it's a pretty awesome game from what I've seen so far. I'd recommend it.

Harvest Moon --> possibly THE most addicting game ever. GET IT! It's my favorite game and I just love it. I played for almost two weeks straight, I seriously couldn't put it down. I eventually had to make myself because I was getting nothing done at school. There are a fair amount of glitches but they aren't anything major and haven't inhibited my enjoyment of the game. You'll need a guide to play it though, a really good one can be found here: http://www.fogu.com/hm6/home.php?p=n Normally I scoff at guides and consider them cheating, but trust me, you won't do well without it ... it's meant to be played with a guide ^_^

The Little Mermaid --> okay, I wouldn't buy it though. If you're interested, definitely rent it. It took me all of two hours to beat it and it's unbelievably repetitive and easy.

Super Princess Peach --> This game totally ROCKS. It's also like Mario but has some extra interesting fun bits. The game play is also a tad easier, so you don't get frustrated from repeatedly dying, which is a problem some people have with Mario games. I'd really recommend this one too ... if you like Mario games that is. It's a girly game ... but my bf likes it too ;)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles --> Just like the platform games of yore *sighs* Seriously, reminds me of the old nintendo turtle games. If you've played them, and liked them, then you'd probably like this one too.

Spyro Shadow Legacy --> This game is also really good. I couldn't stop playing it until I beat it. Beware though, it is glitchy. Although that didn't stop my enjoyment. There were a couple times I had to restart my ds though because I got 'stuck' in a glitch.

Pokemon mystery dungeon --> Okay game. I didn't play it too much ... so far it seems really easy, repetitive, moreso aimed at kids I think. It's not bad though. I wouldn't buy it, rent it instead.

Super Mario --> you can't go wrong with a mario game. This is the reason I bought the system actually and I wasn't disappointed ;) Really great game!

Mario Kart --> This one is really fun too. I love Mario Kart games, but I don't like them as much when you're playing by yourself against the computer. I'd get it if you have others to play it with (which requires multiple copies of the game, btw, some don't require that), but otherwise I'd just rent it, as it's not as fun once you beat all the levels, unless you're racing against others.

So yeah, I'd really recommend Harvest Moon, Princess Peach, Super Mario, and Yoshi's Island. Children of Mana is also really good though, if you like that kinda game. It's probably one of the highest rated out there. Nintendogs is really popular as well, but most people I know don't like it if they have dogs. Granted some do, but in my experience it's not as fun as a real dog, so why play with a virtual dog when you have a real one that's better and wants your attention eh :p But that's just me, haha.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Yeah I have Nintendogs but it got boring fast for me. I also have Mario 64 but I hated it lol

Oh and about Mario Kart and linking with other players.. I have DS Lite, not sure if that makes a difference. We have one game and 3 of us play but it doesn't give you all the boards only about 8 of them but it's still really fun :)

Sorry Maureen I'm still in world 4! I started a Harry Potter book and haven't played my DS lately

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:D Ok, I have...

Mario Kart
Busta-a-move
Zoo Keeper
Harvest Moon

Mario Kart....LOVE IT! Is the reason I wanted a DS. I wanted to play it everywhere!

Busta-Move & Zoo Keeper are puzzle games...LOVE THEM TOO!

Harvest Moon...lol, I haven't played...my brother borrowed it and got totally addicted...He kept mumbling about selling carrots and buying seeds!

I have borrowed Mario 64 from a friend and I'll test that out.

;) Next I want Super Princes Peach and the regular Marios. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts