Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I belong to another forum where it is based on the soap I love to watch, Passions. And the girl on there is playing a Paris wanna be and she is carrying a long haired chi. Now some people on there are calling it a glorified rat! :evil: That does not make me happy! So I calmly stated how wonderful chis are. But this could turn ugly fast. I can't handle anyone calling chis names. Especially people who have not been fourtunate enough to own one. Or actually have one own them hehe!

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
not to get off subject but what's the website ? I also LOVE passions BUT have to admit i haven't been wacthing ti like i used. (lol i was in 10th grade when that show came on wow!) anyway i agree i don't like it when people talk about any animale that i've had as a pet.(ferrets,chi's,snakes,hamsters)

·
Registered
897 Posts
I would be angry too and be quickly sent into defense mode. That particular kind of comment sets me off on two levels. It is a jab at both chi's AND rats. BOTH of which I love dearly!! :evil:

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Hey! You're talking about Fancy right? Ivy and Julians daughter?? I saw that yesterday!! I almost flipped out lol. That's like my favorite soap! Where did you find a message board for it??

It drives me crazy when people talk about chi's like that. But, you can't argue with an entire group of stupid people lol. You're sure to lose simply because stupid out number smart people in the world.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Vanessa said:
Soap Opers Central They have forums for all the soaps.
hey...i'm a member on there too!! I LOVE Passions!

I will go there and see if I can find the thread and stick up for the chi too....i haven't seen the thread yet, but one of their rules is "no actor/actress bashing" and technically, the chi is part of the show as an actor.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
omg, i just read what that person on the site said and that really ticked me off! I posted a reply and put it as polite as I could because I don't want to start an argument on there. Here's my reply to that person's remark about chi's:

"Ok, usually I keep quiet on here if something someone says upsets me, but your comment about Chihuahuas is uncalled for. I have a chihuahua, and he is far from a "glorified rat." He is not loud, or annoying. That's very harsh of you to put the whole entire breed into a generalization of being "louder and more annoying than roseanne barr and joan rivers put together."

I'm not trying to start an argument here, I'm just defending a breed of dogs I happen to love very much. If you've had a bad experience with a chihuahua in the past, it's most likely the result of a bad owner.

I have seen a lot on here lately the mods reminding us of the SOC rules, and one of those rules is "no actor bashing." I'm hoping that rule applies to the animals on Passions, because what would happen if the real owner of the chihuahua on the show were to come to this board and see someone calling their dog a "gloified rat?" They'd feel the same way that one of the human actors would feel if they came on here and saw people calling them ugly or something. It's just not very nice."

I didn't post the remark the person mad,e because I'm not sure if i'm allowed to...but I'm sure you'll be able to get the jist of what he said by reading my reply to him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts