Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There goes my seminar for tomorrow!! :(The pet store just called to say, they cancelled because no one signed up! I was all set and looking forward to it. The next one is April 27th if it doesn't get cancelled. So, if I were to attempt raw feeding what would be a good place to start? Dehydrated, frozen? I was hoping to feed my golden raw also, but that might be too expensive.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
You can start with prey model, as outlined in the sticky in the raw section, or you can do a pre-made. If you start with a pre-made, I personally like Stella and Chewy's best, then Primal and/or Bravo, and then Nature's Variety. You can do the freeze dried, just take a patty and crumble and add a little water and it turns to a canned food consistency. There's no 'yuck' factor if that stuff bothers you. Frozen is easy also. Just pop out a cube and let thaw and feed. Easy.

It will be way too pricey to feed your big dog a pre-made. I'd put him straight on chicken quarters and go from there.

A good place to start is to access the raw feeders group on yahoo. The archives are invaluable. Everyone has the same questions, so you can go through and read other people's messages/answers and really get a good idea of what will work for you. They really advocate prey model though and discourage pre-mades.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts