Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to the animal control/Humane Society shelter today and we looked through the cages, looked through the lost and found book, and stray cats, and sick ward, and everywhere and even asked them and Dexter is not there. I went on Petfinder and looked through adoptable animals all through the state, and he wasn't there either. So I am really, REALLY worried. One week and one day now... :(

·
Registered
960 Posts
Oh you poor thing, Sending positive thoughts to you and Dexter. You must be fraught :( Did you guys get some posters up? Hopefully someone will be looking after him and he is on his way back to you x

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh you poor thing, Sending positive thoughts to you and Dexter. You must be fraught :( Did you guys get some posters up? Hopefully someone will be looking after him and he is on his way back to you x
We haven't gotten any posters up, though I am trying to convince Mom to let me, however tomorrow we will most likely be posting a ad on Craigslist. I've also been scanning Petfinder for signs of him in other local or fairly close shelters but to no avail.

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Did you put a ship on Dexter? Even if no thats ok call all the vets near you and give them a pic and description so if anyone brings him in they would contact you.

When i find any cat or dog I take them to the vet before i take them to the shelter.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Sorry to hear you still haven't found Dexter :(
A long time ago our family dog jake escaped from our garden. He was gone for 15 days, I was worried sick. I put up posters with a reward if found, I asked every person I saw, daily rang the dog wardens, I searched the local news papers to see if anyone was selling a dog of his description. One day I got a call from a man who had found him, taken him in and was going to keep him! If he hadn't wanted the reward he would never have called me! He'd seen my poster in a local fish & chip shop! I know it's a cat that you've lost so its a little different but there is still hope. Could you maybe have a reward if found? And make posters to put up in shops and lamp posts?
My heart goes out to you, I hope you find him soon xx

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm trying everything I can to get my mom to post posters, we're gonna post on craigslist, I might register him on the lost pets program at our local shelter. I just want to know where he is and if he's okay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts