Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a male chi pup, he’s now 10 weeks old and will be 11 weeks on Monday. His chest measures 9-9 1/2” inches as of today.

I didn’t find a used buddy belt in time so I ordered a mesh velcro step in style with the plastic buckle and two d-rings instead. He HATES it. I hate it. It’s bulky, heavy, and difficult to get on him. Once it’s on it bugs him less, but it also seems to make him hot. It was 101F and very high humidity here today and he just heated right up under that thing! Once I took it off he cooled off even though we were still outside.

With no used/cheap buddy belt in sight, I’m on the hunt for something we can order online (preferably amazon) that we’ll both hate less! But I just can’t find anything. The generic nylon step ins don’t fit him right at all, so those are out. I feel like the H style harnesses are no better then a collar. I’m just at loss on what to get him! I can’t justify spending $40+ on a size 1 BB that he’s just going to outgrow right now. I don’t mind ordering him a brand new BB with a matching leash and collar once he’s done growing, but right now it seems ridiculous.

Basically, I’m looking for a non bulky fairly lightweight harness that’s easy to put on, won’t pull his neck at all, and is small enough for his tiny girth. If anybody has suggestions, please let me know! I’d like to spend $15 tops.

Thanks for reading :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we use a wonder walker. A little more than you want to spend but definitely worth it. Definitely lightweight. I don't want to tell you what to do but 100 degrees is far too hot for a little dog to be walking o the ground...not sure if you are carrying him or not though. The heat factor down there is a lot for those little legs. Enjoy your pup.

Thank you for the suggestion! I’ll definitely look into that harness.

Don’t worry about the heat, he was just in the shade on the grass to potty. Stubborn lil guy doesn’t like to poop on his indoor tray unless he can’t get outside.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts